Flying Fish or Ohana?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
My DH and I are going to WDW in December. We finally scored an Ohana reservation for our first night. We are also planning on eating at Ohana in June when we take our whole family. Now I'm starting to wonder if I really want to eat there twice within 6 months or if I want to try someplace new. Since Flying Fish is going to be closed next year, I started wondering if we should try it instead. Which would you pick--Flying Fish or Ohana?

I don't think I would go to Ohana twice in 6 months. I ve been to Flying Fish twice. It was pretty good both times, but I am a seafood lover and look for fresh fish/shellfish on the menus.

There is no comparison between Flying Fish (one of the finest WDW restaurants) and Ohana, they are not even in the same universe.

I would go with Flying Fish. It is one of the best restaurants on property.

My DH and I are going to WDW in December. We finally scored an Ohana reservation for our first night. We are also planning on eating at Ohana in June when we take our whole family. Now I'm starting to wonder if I really want to eat there twice within 6 months or if I want to try someplace new. Since Flying Fish is going to be closed next year, I started wondering if we should try it instead. Which would you pick--Flying Fish or Ohana?

agree, there is absolutely no comparison between the 2. Signature dining vs ...well whatever 'Ohana is (can you tell I am not a fan?? ;))

Thanks for your recommendations. I'm just uncertain because I know we love Ohana and I'm afraid of not being able to get an ADR for June. Then I would have given up the December ADR. I have to make reservations on December 8 for the June trip, 11 days before our December trip. Would I be out of luck for a Flying Fish reservation that close to the trip? I would just like to make certain that I get Ohana for June.

I think Flying Fish's menu looks good, but my DH is not a fish/seafood eater; in fact, there's been some issues with possible allergies. So he tries to steer clear. He is looking at perhaps the pork chop, but he doesn't like cherries. I noticed there is a cherry sauce on it. Is there a strong cherry flavor with it?

Flying Fish will modify most items to meet allergies so don't worry about cherry sauces. Also keep in mind that a vegetarian entree or even a combination of appetizers from FF would also make a great meal. I have found that daily specials were also very fresh and unpredictable. Often fish but often some land based critters as well.

Flying Fish was such a great experience. They were also great with my peanut and gluten allergy!

Not big on Sea food myself, however DW loves it. But I've found that Flying Fish does have an excellent steak (IMHO), at least they did back in January & June.

Well, I'll be the opposite of the ones that have posted before me. We loooove 'Ohana and have been known to go 'twice' (yes twice) in our 14 night ressies!!

Someone posted not wanting to go twice in 6 months??? Wonder if they never eat at any other restaurants more than twice a year?? :confused3

Anyway, we can get fresh seafood when we want it, and I enjoy preparing it, so it's no contest which we would choose. :-)

I would go to Flying Fish. I enjoy O'hana, but it's more about the experience than the food. The food at Flying Fish is far superior.

We typically book our reservations last minute and have never had an issue getting into flying fish, so you will be fine for if you want to wait out Ohana a bit longer. But for the record it's not even a fair contest between the two

Flying Fish will modify most items to meet allergies so don't worry about cherry sauces. Also keep in mind that a vegetarian entree or even a combination of appetizers from FF would also make a great meal. I have found that daily specials were also very fresh and unpredictable. Often fish but often some land based critters as well.
He does not have an allergy to cherries. I was referring to a possible allergy to seafood. He just doesn't like the taste of cherries, so I was wondering how strong the taste is on the pork chop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter