Flying Fish or Kona for dinner???

nicatene

Earning My Ears
I have wanted to try both of these for a while. If you could choose just 1 which would it be?
I like the look of the Flying Fish menu better, but I was leaning toward Kona solely because we will be in MK the day we eat at one of these & can easily hop on the monorail. Can anyone tell me if Flying Fish is worth the bus ride to The Boardwalk?

To me it is. Kona is a good place to eat, don't get me wrong. But FF is WAY better.

The way we do WDW these days includes a nice evening centered on dining more than the Parks tho.

Both are must dos on our list every trip. Kona is very good and we like that we can order sushi as appetizer on the DxDP while there. The Tuna Oscar is fantastic. However, the Flying Fish, is as the other mentioned a dining experience. The service has always been top notch and a very relaxing atmosphere. I love the open kitchen. I guess it would boil down to dining credits if you are on the DDP, or wanting to splurge if OOP. If I absolutely had to choose between the two, it would be Flying Fish. I recommend the Potato Wrapped Snapper, its their a signature dish for a reason.:love:

Both are must dos on our list every trip. Kona is very good and we like that we can order sushi as appetizer on the DxDP while there. The Tuna Oscar is fantastic. However, the Flying Fish, is as the other mentioned a dining experience. The service has always been top notch and a very relaxing atmosphere. I love the open kitchen. I guess it would boil down to dining credits if you are on the DDP, or wanting to splurge if OOP. If I absolutely had to choose between the two, it would be Flying Fish. I recommend the Potato Wrapped Snapper, its their a signature dish for a reason.:love:

FLYING FISH!! Although the creme chocolate banana creme brulee at KONA is to die for.

We are OOP and don't mind splurging as it will be our anniversary.:)

In that case I would say Flying Fish. We love Kona but you are almost sitting in the lobby of the Polynesian which means a lot of noise and activity... fun but not intimate.

In that case I would say Flying Fish. We love Kona but you are almost sitting in the lobby of the Polynesian which means a lot of noise and activity... fun but not intimate.

I agree. Of you don't mind a splurge and want a quieter more laid back meal going for the Flying Fish. Order the Snapper and calamari and you can't go wrong!:thumbsup2

As a bonus, there is always lots to do after dinner on the Boardwalk. Catch the Magican, Juggler, or Fireworks from Epcot if timed right. Jelly Rolls or the Dance hall is also close by for the adults night out.

Definitely Flying Fish! I enjoy Kona as well but if I had to make a choice between the two, it would be FF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter