Flying Fish or Jiko?

Superblonde

Mouseketeer
Which would you choose? We will be having a late dinner (9pm or so).

Do you have another suggestion? We are already dining at V&A during our trip but need another special spot, preferably romantic and I was thinking one of the two above. Thank you for your input!

Both Jiko and Flying Fish are excellent choices. For me, Jiko would have a slight advantage over Flying Fish as far as the unique menu. As for a romantic atmosphere that is also a tough call. I would say that the dining experience in Jiko would be quieter and more romantic; however, the atmosphere around the Boardwalk is also pretty nice as well. I know that hasn't really answered your question but the truth is you can't go wrong with either choice. :goodvibes

Those are exactly the reasons why I am torn!!!
Thanks for your input :) maybe we will just have to suffer the consequences of good dining and book both :goodvibes

I've been to both many times and I like them both very much. Food and service are excellent at both places. If I had to choose one, however, I'd go with Jiko. I like the decor there better and it is generally a little quieter than FF.

I've been to both several times. I think I've had consistently better service at FF. I do like the ambience better at Jiko. One area that I never had luck with at Jiko is their desserts. They are just never a hit with me but their flatbreads and entrees have always been outstanding.

What hotel are you staying at? Not that it matters but sometimes for convenience wise that leans me one way or the other.

If I had to choose Jiko or Flying Fish my choice would be Jiko. We really enjoyed our meal there the tables seemed more spaced out as well at Jiko and overall the restaurant noise level seemed lower as well. We also enjoyed drinking at the hotel bar waiting for our dinner reservation at Jiko

What hotel are you staying at? Not that it matters but sometimes for convenience wise that leans me one way or the other.

If I had to choice Jiko or Flying Fish my choice would be Jiko. We really enjoyed our meal there the tables seemed more spaced out as well at Jiko and overall the restaurant noise level seemed lower as well. We also enjoyed drinking at the hotel bar waiting for our dinner reservation at Jiko

Thanks for your input! We are staying at AKL that evening but really wanted to make it to the Boardwalk for the ambiance, Jellyrolls and a romantic stroll. Further, since it's a special occasion, I was planning to order a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery for delivery to FF.
Since we are staying at AKL, I think we can go to Jiko the next night and still be able to have our cake at FF (AKL doesn't make the cake I want!)

Both are great. However, if you're looking for something with a more "romantic" feel, then 100% Jiko. Flying Fish is great, but it's very loud, has more kids and much more casual feel. Either one, you won't be disapointed.

You have some great choices there. One of the reasons that I love Jiko is becasue it seems like it is quiter, that the tables are spread out more than FF, and the food is great. Flying Fish has Great food too, it is louder than Jiko, and it feels more crowded than Jiko. Both have some pretty amazing atmopheres. I guess it just depends on what kind of Mood for dinner that you are looking for. You won't go wrong with either place.

Both! Me and DH went in August for three nights and those were exactly our dinners! FF, V&A and Jiko! All were AMAZING!

Thanks for your input! We are staying at AKL that evening but really wanted to make it to the Boardwalk for the ambiance, Jellyrolls and a romantic stroll. Further, since it's a special occasion, I was planning to order a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery for delivery to FF.
Since we are staying at AKL, I think we can go to Jiko the next night and still be able to have our cake at FF (AKL doesn't make the cake I want!)

Ok then we are the opposite we always stay at the yacht club so going to akl was an adventure for us as well.

You really can not go wrong with either restaurant

Both are very good. My DH and I have enjoyed the food at Flying Fish more but you can't go wrong with Jiko either. The atmosphere at Jiko is much more romantic, it's quieter and it has dim lighting. FF is loud and most people are dressed very casual, tables can also be somewhat close together.

Just got back yesterday - and FWIW - FF was the WORST MEAL of our 6 days:( - service was excellent - but the steak and fish were a big disappointment.

In the boardwalk area - how about Blue Zoo - or Shula's? both good candidates for romance/date night and a stroll around the boardwalk.

Our dinner at FF was the food highlight of our last Deluxe Dining trip. Food and service were both outstanding. We really liked Jiko, but loved Flying Fish.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter