Flying Fish- child's choice

sleeping beauty 2

Mouseketeer
Planning to go to Flying Fish in April 08 with DH, DS10, DD9, DS4. The menu looks great. I know my 10 yo son will like to order the steak - but the kids menu says under 9. He doesn't have much of an appetite and usually shares my steak at home, so I doubt he could eat an adult meal and at $34 we wouldn't want him to. do you think we would have a problem ordering the steak on the childs menu?
Or should we plan on going to Spoodles?

I'd just order the child's meal. My DS ordered from the kid's menu many nights this August, and he's 10. I've never had anyone ask his age. When making the reservation, they ask the kids' ages at that time, and sorry, but I say he's 9. He's kinda small (65 pounds) and normally doesn't eat adult size, and we don't do the dining plan ever. When we do order for him from the adult menu, trust me, they make their $$$$! We ate at Chefs de France, we got him the adult steak plus a smoked salmon appetizer, and for the 4 of us it was probably $400 with tip (DH didn't even show me the bill, and I didn't care as it was wonderful!).

Warning, we ate at Flying Fish on NYE a couple of years ago. It wasn't too crowded (it was early-ish), and it took over one hour from the time we ordered to get our food - COLD. By that time, we just ate and left. It was the worst food we've ever had at WDW, ever! I would recommend trying a different place personally. Chefs was the best, yummy, and great service! We've only done breakfast at Spoodle's so I can't comment. No we maybe had a bad night, and we didn't want to make a stink with the kids there and all, but man were they hungry! Everyone has an off day, but we're not going back.

My family was there this past Saturday, our DD is 13 and orders of the kids menu all the time. For that matter every now and then our 19 year old does too, since she's a light eater and a vegetarian. If you're going to order spaghetti why pay $20.00 is her thought. the only time any one asked about that was wanting to know if we were on a dining plan. in which case I would understand.

We all had a great meal at Flying Fish, the snapper was great, my wife had the tiger shrimp and DD the kids spaghetti.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter