Flying Fish Cafe or Monsieur Paul

CraigB03

Earning My Ears
I will be heading to the happiest place on earth one month from now and am trying to decide where to dine on the night that we will be in Epcot. While I have wanted to try Flying Fish Cafe for some time now, I find that reviews tend to be mixed on the dish that I truly wanted to try (Potato Wrapped Snapper). A similar dish is offered at Monsieur Paul and while reviews on this establishment are not as easy to come by, the majority seem to be positive. Any opinions?
Thank you so much to anyone that takes the time :).

Flying Fish. Having done both in September, FF was the better dining experience by a significant margin. Food, service, and ambiance were each superior at FF vice MP. Our MP night found uninspired dishes, average service, and an atmosphere more fitting to a non-Signature restaurant. When you patronize what is billed as a fine dining experience but find sub-par effort all around, it makes you wish that Sanaa or Kona Cafe had been the intended destination that evening instead of Monsieur Paul.

I would go with Flying Fish. I had the snapper dish there and it was amazing. Over all our experience with FF was way better than the one we had at MP. At MP we had food and service issues. Steak wasn't cooked correctly, food was cold, souffle came out flat, DH's entree came out without his side, drinks were forgotten. Probably one of the worst services we have ever had at WDW. FF however was awesome, as well as the food was delicious.

We had our best dinner at Flying Fish at the beginning of October. Started with the Artisanal Cheese appetizer. Great cheese selection and wonderful accompaniments. My entree was the combo potato wrapped Snapper and a small NY Strip. The Strip was tasty, tender and cooked to perfection. The Snapper was also absolutely delicious. The potato scales were, in my mind, sitting in a heat source too long and were dried out a bit. My friend had the Yellowfin and said it was wonderful, also. I had the no-sugar-added Pine Nut and Almond-crusted "Ice Box" blood orange-mascarpone Cheesecake. My friend had the sorbet. Both were winners. As a special treat, we shared a Grand Marnier flight -- one was the usual version--good, one was the 100-yr version--better, the third was the 150-yr version--wickedly good. Made me want to buy a bottle (over $200!). I soon came to my senses.

All-in-all, a memorable and delicious meal. Impeccable service and presentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter