• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying Fish August 3rd New Menu Posted

no longer offer the snapper. That was a favorite.
Noticed that, too. Thought it was too bad as would have been classy to carry over one popular legacy entree from the previous menu as a respectful nod to the old kitchen.

I get that its a newly-imagined space & menu but still . . . one item would have been thoughtful & would have also served as a welcome back hook for FF foodies & devotees.

They also don't have the incredibly wonderful Buffalo Mozzerella salad with heirloom tomatoes (the best I've had anywhere...amazing...I know, hard to believe, but it was). Even the manager there would get that almost every day.

Flying Fish is my favorite restaurant on property (or at least one of them). I'm having difficulty getting a reservation there (which was never the case) in early December. I'll keep trying I guess.

They also don't have the incredibly wonderful Buffalo Mozzerella salad with heirloom tomatoes (the best I've had anywhere...amazing...I know, hard to believe, but it was). Even the manager there would get that almost every day.

Flying Fish is my favorite restaurant on property (or at least one of them). I'm having difficulty getting a reservation there (which was never the case) in early December. I'll keep trying I guess.

Reservations open tomorrow

they no longer offer the snapper

1) Snapper is getting more expensive.
2) Disney wants profit.
3) Look for this more-and-more across the restaurant spectrum.
4) With DDP, eateries can't change prices to reflect increased costs, so they are getting cheaper entrees.
5) Prior to DDP, if costs went up, they would just increase the price, like ANY OTHER restaurant.

6) Another THANK YOU to DDP !!! :mad:

is anyone sick of seeing the same thing on all menus?

free range chicken
some kind of bison
some kind of filet
scallops
pork belly
lentils
icy blue mussels

Kind of disappointed the FF signature dishes are gone as well. now it is like... the boardwalk version of Tiffin

is anyone sick of seeing the same thing on all menus?

free range chicken
some kind of bison
some kind of filet
scallops
pork belly
lentils
icy blue mussels

Kind of disappointed the FF signature dishes are gone as well. now it is like... the boardwalk version of Tiffin
I actually noticed the same items in California grill jiko artist point... I think I basically all the signatures have similar proteins and maybe a different interpretation by the chef?

Last time I had the snapper, it was greasy and not very good. Might have been a rare error - but I won't miss it on the menu. I do hope they continue the Chef's Table, though. That was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter