Flying Dutchman

I saw a post earlier saying it was being taken apart and I was wondering the same thing. I'm on the 11/18 cruise and I wanted to see the Flying Dutchman again!

We were just in Castaway Cay on October 22nd and the Flying Dutchman was still there. Got lots of great pictures!:goodvibes Don't know if something has happened to it since then.

We were on CC on November 5 and the Flying Dutchmen was still there...but I did notice it was listing a bit (maybe sinking in the sandbar?) and looked in pretty poor shape compared to last time we saw it.

MJ

We were on CC on November 5 and the Flying Dutchmen was still there...but I did notice it was listing a bit (maybe sinking in the sandbar?) and looked in pretty poor shape compared to last time we saw it.

MJ

Agreed. We were also there on 11/5. I was walking past it with another Diser (Hi Grandma4Eva!) and we both remarked that it looked somewhat the worse for wear. I wondered how much longer it would be there and whether or not it could be replaced with one of the ship sets that would be built for Pirates 4!

I was at CC this past Friday. The Dutchman was docked on the other side of the dock from where the Magic was. Another passenger told me that it was being removed because it was falling apart. It didn't look so good. Don't know for sure, but it sounds like it's gone for good. :sad1:

I was at CC this past Friday. The Dutchman was docked on the other side of the dock from where the Magic was. Another passenger told me that it was being removed because it was falling apart. It didn't look so good. Don't know for sure, but it sounds like it's gone for good. :sad1:

Really? Wow that just stinks. My 5 year old is going to be devastated that she doesn't get to see it. She has been talking about it nonstop for a year. Ugh.

We aren't going til Sept and that's what the girls are looking forward to the most :(

My mom is going to be really disappointed. She was really looking forward to seeing the FD. :(

thanks for the photos as confirmation that something is going on.

:( It was a major influence on picking a Disney cruise. It was a major influence on picking a cruise, period. What's the one thing we can only do on a cruise? See the Flying Dutchman.

we're not going for another year, so keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be back or it's just undergoing repair.

How disappointing. I was really looking forward to seeing it in Feb. I guess I'll just have to settle for seeing it on the big screen. :)

PP is right...i don't know what to say! I am so upset and my kids will be too.:mad:

A friend of mine heard that they will be replacing it with a set of one of the new ships from POTC 4....saw FD on Oct 29th and it was looking a little worse for wear!

Remember DCL never guarranteed how long the FD would be at CC and it is a movie set - not a display piece or an actual ship...it wasn't built to sit there for years on end.

We were on CC on 10/29/10 and my son overheard a CM saying that the Dutchman would be leaving soon for the filming of POTC4. I didn't think it was credible for a few reasons:
  1. I didn't read about it on the Disboards and we are usually better informed than the average CM.
  2. I thought they were likely well into filming POTC4 and if they were going to use it they would have taken it long ago.
  3. They are filming in Hawaii and the Dutchman didn't look seaworthy enough to make that trip.
Time will tell if that is the real reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter