flying DISTILLED water - anyone w/sleep apnea?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
Has anyone needed to have DISTILLED water on vacation? Did you fly it w/you in your carry on? check in? DH uses a machine at night for his sleep apnea. It works best w/distilled water. Does the resorts (AKL & BCV) have it for sale? Can he just carry it on along w/his case the for his breathing machine and another carry on?

I saw another thread of yours asking about bringing along a case of drinking water. Hon, all that water is just gonna take up valuable space in your luggage and be heavy as all get out to carry.

I would suggest ordering the items you need from an online grocer. I've had especially good luck with one called gardengrocer.com........he was able to fill several small requests as well as be very flexible to my needs when I changed a few items. The delivery fee was minimal....not much at all and we were very pleased with the selection of groceries available on the website!

Hope your trip is great!!

Sorry, I'm going to say it again, like I did on the other thread.....

Re the cpap machine - I travel with a colleague who flies about 75,000 miles/year - he takes his machine everywhere but doesn't tote his own water. Ditto my father who flies around the world with his machine - again, he doesn't bring water along.

Again, I am going to suggest netgrocer.com or another online source for delivery. Much more convenient and much less hassle to you and your fellow travellers.

My husband uses a cpap and was told by the technician doing his follow-up care that purified water would be fine for short-term use if distilled wasn't available. During our last visit we just had a couple of cases of purified drinking water shipped to our resort and he used them. Just call your doctor or the manufacturer of the machine he uses.

DH gets a 33 oz. bottle of "Smart Water," which I drink and then he refills with his distilled water. This long, narrow bottle fits nicely into his carry-on with his cpap. It's holds enough water for a 6 night trip.

It's just not worth it for us to use an online grocer and pay a delivery charge for the distilled water (which we get for 97 cents a gallon at our local grocery store).

worst case senario - if you have a microwave or stove in room just boil up what is needed cool it and strain through a coffee filter as you fill up a "holding" container. Works well in a pinch or emergency if you need it.

I was told I could use ordinary tap water in a pinch so that is what I'm going to do. I am not lugging a gallon of water along with me on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter