flying and ear tubes

princessesx2

Mouseketeer
Any precausions I need to think about for my 2yo who had tubes. She has never flown and I am concerened about the pressure on her ears.

We flew with DS fro the first time last year. He had the tubes put in at 1 1/2 and was a week shy of 4 last year when we went. We aske the ENT that put the tubes in and he said there should be a problem but recommended a product called earplanes just in case. We never used them, but I had them in my purse "Just in case".

Talk to your ENT.

My neice just flew to CA and she has tubes. No troubles. I think its actually supposed to be less of a problem because the tubes stop the pressure from building. :confused3

I "found" a new solution for ear pain on flights.. A friend who has travelled at lot on overseas flights told me about it. Ask the flight attendant for two stryoform cups with a bit of hot water in the bottom napkins stuffed in so the water doesn't leak out. Cups go over your ears...Steam immediately aleviates the pressure.

It was a miracle for my 4 year old who cries in pain during decent. Now she starts asking for the cups as soon as we take off :laughing:

I used Earplanes for my DD3 last year on her first plane ride. They worked like a charm. She never once complained about her ears hurting or popping during the 4-hour flight.

Just used earplanes for our youngest dd on our trip last week and I was AMAZED! They worked wonders. She took them out mid-flight and promptly informed me she wanted them back in. (She really should have only needed them for take off and for one hour before landing through the landing according to the box.) But those along w/ sucking on a life saver kept her very comfortable and we had our best flight yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter