Flying Airtran

Miss Magic

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I'm a newbie here. I will be flying Airtran next week and was wondering for those that have flown and carried on before, what is the best kind of carry on? Also, I know the 3oz rule, but what about shaving razors, are they permitted? Anything else you can shed light on would be much appreciated!!!

The bic or daisy-type disposable razors are perfectly fine to put in your carry-on bag.

Hello all!

I'm a newbie here. I will be flying Airtran next week and was wondering for those that have flown and carried on before, what is the best kind of carry on? Also, I know the 3oz rule, but what about shaving razors, are they permitted? Anything else you can shed light on would be much appreciated!!!

Us too!!!! :goodvibes

Disposable razors only. For a carry-on, it cannot exceed 55 inch (dimension-wise) and cannot exceed 50 lbs (I think). If you're unsure about anything, just go to their website and click on luggage. That's what I did.

I've never flown AirTran, so good luck to us both!!!! :yay:

Has anyone ever done the 45 minute layover in Atlanta?? Has your luggage always been okay? Ever get lost?

We flew AirTran from Bloomington/Normal to Orlando in January with a 45 minute layover in Atlanta - had no problems at all. We each brought a small suitcase (the smallest rolling one they made) as our carry-on. You are also allowed another "personal item" which includes a purse/coat/etc...In order to get the most "carry-on space" we each used a bookbag - worked out well for us. One hint I would strongly recommend, though: if you can, weigh your checked baggage ahead of time - my mom's a nurse, so we took our luggage to her office to weigh them 2 days ahead of time - helped save A LOT of money in overages! :-)

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter