Fly out of buffalo - Questions

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
HI
I live in GTA. I am flying to Orlando from Buffalo for the first time. Will be there for 6 days.

Q1
Do you think there is a significant difference between parking in Preferred parking area vs Economy parking area , in term of walking distance ?
If i picked preferred parking i can really walk to airport within 2 min , for example.
From what i found on Google, there is only online $5 coupon for Econ parking .

Q2
Is there any toll road($$) i need to be aware of driving to /from Buffalo airport?

Thanks
TC

I'll try to answer the best I can here...It's been a few months since we've traveled out of Buffalo.
The airport parking is fairly simple, personally I wouldn't pay for the preferred parking as the busses run pretty frequently.
As for tolls you will have to pay them at the boarder (around $4.00) And there may be one more going back north to the Peace Bridge. I never take any other route, so I can only comment on the Peace Bridge.
Maybe someone who has been a little more recent can add in.

Parking is one of those things that so much easier in Buffalo. Parked in preferred once since we were delayed at the border and arrived about 40 min before our flight was to leave. It was nice. We usually just use he Thrifty lot across from the airport however.

For tolls it depended upon where you cross and the route you take. Crossing at Queenston-Lewiston there is the toll on the bridge heading to the airport on the US side ($1 last summer). There is another on our side at the same crossing on the way back.

You will pay tolls on the bridges when you come back into Canada. It is currently $3.25 at Rainbow and $3.00 at Peace bridge - either CAD or USD or combo.

I do NOT recommend Queenston Lewiston bridge - be careful b/c typically this is where your GPS will automatically route you.

If you take the Rainbow bridge, the most common route takes you over Grand Island. There is a $1 USD toll - you'll pay this both ways.

My last 4 trips I have parked in the Econ B lot and it is a 3 min ride on the shuttle bus to the airport. I would recommend this over walking for 2 min from Preferred since it is chilly out right now.

Finally, ENJOY YOUR TRIP:)

Buffalo airport is so easy and quiet. You'll be amazed and I think it'll be a great and relaxing beginning to your trip.

:cloud9:

I agree that it's not worth the extra money to park in the premium lot. I always use the long term A(orange). In the winter the shuttle drivers are super fast to pick you up and when you come back they usually take you right to your car. Aside from that it's an easy walk as long as you don't have a lot of heavy luggage.

I live in Grimsby and we fly out of Buffalo all the time. If you take the Peace Bridge there is a $3.00- 3.50ish till but there are no toll roads on your route to the airport. It's actually not too far from the boarder.

I alway take the Queenston Lewiston bridge mainly because, as Belle599 indicated, this is where the GPS takes us. It's also, to my knowledge, the closest to the Premium Outlet, on US side, and sometimes my wife wants to stop there on our way.

Toll is 1.00 each way.
One time we took a different route (same bridge) and there was another tool for .25.

Coming back to Canada (same bridge), we pay 3.25 to re-enter our country.

For parking, we have never parked at the airport. We always do a park and fly package, so I can't help there.

Hope this helps.

Camilo

I parked at the preferred lot in June and it only cost me $55 for a week. I think lot b would have been an extra $5. The shuttle pulled up to us as we parked and the ride was maybe 1min. We could have walked we were that close. Way Bette then Toronto!!! Cross at the peace bridge. It is usually not as busy as Queenston. That is because they have more lanes and like others have said gps sends everyone else to Queenston. A friend of mine who lives in niagara falls travels out of buffalo a lot for work and always found the peace bridge faster. However you can check online for boarder delays just to be safe.

There are no tolls when crossing at the peace bridge other then at the bridge itself. You can use Canadian or us $ for those. You will find flying out of buffalo to be a lot less stress then Toronto.

I love crossing at Queenston. We just crossed this weekend and no wait either direction!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Regarding Buffalo Airport parking, there is round the clock shuttles that basically picks you up where you parked. They give you a ticket # with your parking location to assist with finding your car when you come back and they take you right to the terminal. Then when you arrive, you give the ticket to the shuttle driver and they take you right to your car. Awesome Service!!! .

I usually park in Long Term Parking Lot. Cheapest on site airport parking. As economy is across the street. Your basically picked up via shuttle in under 1-5 mins and your at the airport in 2 mins after being picked up. Then when you arrive, you go outside terminal and the shuttle service is right outside the door.

Note, I usually cross at Lewiston. As the Niagara Falls/Fort Erie route is very dark at night and at least the Lewiston/St. Catharine's part is lite up some what. Plus I exit off on Niagara Falls Parkway to go to Tops to get a case of cheap beer and Target/Walmart during working hours. As there's lots of shopping near that area (Factory outlets as well)

When you cross at Lewiston, there is 1 toll when go on to Grand Island. Its $1 US or $1.10 Canadian. And when you come back, its the same toll. Then there is the $3.25 toll when you come back into Canada and this is the same fee regardless of what crossing you take.

Hope that helps!
-GG

If you take the QEW Niagara, it ends at the Fort Erie/Peace Bridge - from there you take the 190S to the I-90E, and it is literally a 10-15 min drive depending on traffic - exit for airport Route 33 - Lot B always has a coupon on the airport site for $10 off for a week - easy to get to and shuttle always on hand - Lot A is closer for long-term, but a few $ more for the week - shuttle always on hand there too. Toll this way is only the $3 when returning to Canada. There is a gas station right across from Lot B on the corner so you can top up before you go home.

We fly out of Buffalo often and our choice of parking is The Parking Spot. They always have discount coupons (1 week/$49.95) and their service is exceptional!

When you go through the first gate you will be offered a newspaper. Then, when you find a parking spot the shuttle will find you and the driver will get out and load your bags. One time we were there at 4:30am and this still happened!

Not sure of the exact details about returning as Buffalo airport recently changed their procedure, but either a shuttle will be by within minutes or you'll make a quick call from a common phone and then the shuttle will come to the airport. I've never waited more than 3-5 mins and normally they're already there.

The shuttle will drive you to your car and normally the driver will load your luggage right into your vehicle. When you leave you will pay less and, also be offered cold bottles of water for each person in your vehicle.

In my opinion, this company was one of the best upgrades to our Buffalo experience in a long, long time!

I was going to recommend The Parking Spot too. It is on Genesse St across from the Airport. You will see the yellow and black spotted sign for the lot. When you pull in, they offer a news paper and they direct you to which row you should park in and then send a shuttle bus over to pick you up quickly. If a few people pulled in around the same time, the shuttle will pick those people up as well. If not, you and your family may have the shuttle bus to yourselves for the short ride to the airport. If you go during peak morning hours, the shuttle must drop you off on the lower level (check in is on the upper level).

When you get back to Buffalo, you pick up the shuttle for The Parking Spot shuttles are now located behind the taxi queue (far left after you exit the airport).

There are usually discount coupons on their website and in some of the airline magazines (I know Southwest Spirit magazine typically has a discount coupon). Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter