• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

flowers, gardens, star wars, food and wine... My 1st pre-trip report

blakrose9999

Mouseketeer
This year I have the fortune of planning 2 trips :banana::cool1: to the world. I figured to share my excitement and keep everyone around me from strangling me due to constant Disney talk, I will do my first pre-trip report. I can then share my excitement with like minded people. I also hope to be able to complete a trip report upon my return with my always tons of pics. And this year I will have my DSLR :cheer2:

1st Trip May 11th-20th. During the end of Flower & Garden as well as the beginning of SWW, this is a trip with just DH and I. We are flying and using our DVC points for a split stay (AKV-Jambo/ BLT).

2nd Trip Oct 12th - 19th. During Food & Wine, this trip will be DH, me, DSIL, DM and 2 friends. We are driving for this trip and staying off site at Holiday Inn Orange Lake using an exchange from our other timeshare.

This pre-trip report will be for our May trip mostly as that is the one in the major planning stages right now. I will link to the next one when I start it.

Meet the Players

First up is Me, Bonnie, I'm a 33 year old Medical assistant/ office manager and huge Disney nut. I spent many years of my childhood going to the world and then after high school didn't make it again for 10years in 2008. The trip I converted DH. My favorite characters are Goofy and Piglet.

IMGP3822_zpsbbc7dd7d.jpg

Then there is DH, Brian, a 32 year old packer/ shipper for a government contractor. Him and I have been together almost 7 yrs and married 3.5 yrs.
100_4221_zps3d262687.jpg

He is a Disney fan but not a total Disney addict like me but it's ok I'm obsessed enough for both of us. However he does love watching Disney cartoons and movies with me. His favorite characters are Doofenshmirtz and Stitich. He took his first trip to the world was when we went in 2008 for his family trip. That trip was a big one for both of us not only was it his first Disney trip it was his first real vacation, and it didn't just turn him onto Disney it turned him on to vacations. It was also my first time ever staying on property which was such a change for me and. We also got engaged that trip at Crystal palace.
DSC00555_zpsaedd7daf.jpg

I'm going to break this into two reports for now I'll concentrate on our May trip and then as plans become more formal I'll work on October.
This will be our third trip back to the world and our first trip using our DVC membership we bought last trip.

The Plan

Dates: Saturday, May 11th - Monday, May 20th

Sat, May 11th:
Get up bright and early (around 3:30am) throw last minute things in car and pack up dog and his stuff for his stay at Grandma and Grandpa's. Then head to in-laws house to drop off dog and have sister-in-law drive us to airport. We should get to Philadelphia airport around 5:30am giving us plenty of time to check in, get though security, and get some breakfast before our flight. (My favorite thing about early morning flights is that Philadelphia airport is actually pretty dead at that time making security a breeze.)

We have a 7:00am flight on Southwest that will get us into Orlando at 9:25am. From there we will take ME to our fist stay at AKV. We are staying in Jambo as I wanted to be closer to the restaurants. Plus we are only doing a standard view studio and Jambo that means pool or partial Savanna and not a chance of parking lot.

Thur, May 16th:
Check-out of AKV and move to a lake view studio at BLT. My dream of staying at the Contemporary is finally realized.

Mon, May 20th:
We will check our bags at the resort airline check-in and put our carry-ons with bell services after we check-out of BLT. Then we will head to a park or parks, for last minute shopping and rides, until we need to be back for our ME pick-up, which I figure should be around 5pm. As we have a 8:10pm flight on Southwest that will land us in Philly at 10:30pm.

Then someone will pick us up at airport, yet to be determined til DH finds a family member, and take us back to his parents. Where we will pick-up our car and dog to head home and crash. We are both off the next day to unpack, do Laundry and get back to reality.

...Up next ADRS

ADR's​

In our past two trips we have been on the DxDP and though we have always gotten our money's worth (and probably eaten too much) we have decided to forgo it this trip. As we are now DVC members and this year annual passholders we are going to do TIW. We figure this way we will not only save money, as it will give us a discount on our drinks with dinner, it will also save our waist lines as we won't feel like we each have to order a appetizer and dessert at every meal to get our moneys worth. We can share an appetizer sometimes or just go without.

So far all our ADR's are set and made unless I decide to change more things around, which right now only looks like I may change one lunch. And without further ado here they are.

Sat, May 11th:
Biergarten (lunch)
Rose & Crown (dinner)

Sun, May 12th:
Tusker House (breakfast)
Ohana (dinner)

Mon, May 13th:
Raglan Road (lunch)
Sci-Fi (dinner)

Tue, May 14th:
Nine Dragons (lunch)
Jiko (dinner)

Wed, May 15th:
Hollywood Brown Derby (lunch)
Boma (dinner)

Thur, May 16th:
Tusker House (lunch)- this is the one I'm still very unsure of
Kona Café (dinner)

Fri, May 17th:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Chefs de France (dinner)

Sat, May 18th:
Le Cellier (lunch)
Be Our Guest (dinner)

Sun, May 19th:
1990 Park Fare (breakfast)
San Angel Inn (dinner)

Mon, May 20th:
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

You arrive the day I depart from BLT ! Hope you have a Magical Time, looking forward to reading your future reports !

Two trips in one year! Looking forward to the rest of your PTR and living vicariously as our next trip will be in 2014.

You arrive the day I depart from BLT ! Hope you have a Magical Time, looking forward to reading your future reports !

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to BLT as I have wanted to stay at the Contemporary for as long as I can remember.

TWO trips??? I am in, how fun.

Two trips in one year! Looking forward to the rest of your PTR and living vicariously as our next trip will be in 2014.

Yeah I'm excited, as the second trip was not originally planned. It was more of DH and I having extra vacation days as well as a week with our other timeshare. So in the interest of saving money we were trying to find a place we could drive to and still enjoy some warm weather in the fall as that's when we would be able to get off. After checking into different places we realized with our DVC discount we could get annual passes for only a little more than our 10 day tickets for May would cost and with inviting other people a straight through drive to Orlando would be no problem. Thus the second trip to the world came to be.

Been really busy lately trying to clean and get some stuff ready for yard sales and e-bay to make some extra spending money for Disney. And my pre-trip report has suffered in the process.
So here's the latest:

Changed around a few ADR's as I wasn't liking the idea of going to AK on our switch day. Also have a schedule pretty set. (at least until I find something else I don't like and switch it). We always park hop and usually go to one park am back to room for rest then another park in evening

The Current plan:

Sat, May 11th:
-get up, drive to in-law's to drop off the pooch and meet SIL to drive us to airport
-breakfast at airport while waiting for 7am flight
-arrive MCO 9:30am and head to ME
-ME to AKV and check in (by my estimation and based on last trip with similar flight times should be at AKV by 11:30- 12)
-If room is ready take bags to room otherwise leave them with bell services and then head to EPCOT
-once at EPCOT we'll exchange annual pass vouchers and get TIW card
-after we enter park we'll make our way towards Germany (how fast depends on the time) for our 2:30pm ADR at Biergarten
-after lunch we'll wander EPCOT until dinner
-7:45pm ADR at Rose and Crown (hopefully we can get an outside table again for wishes, if not well watch from viewing area)
-After wishes back to AKV to settle into room and bed

Sun, May 12th:
-We will be going to AK early this morning as we have an 8:30am at Tusker house
-Park opens at 9am so we will get to walk through empty park which is always so nice
-Plan to be at AK until about 2-3pm then head back to room
-after some relaxing maybe pool we'll head out for the evening
-That night we are heading to MK since they have EMH. Depending on our -arrival time will decide if we head into the park for a bit or to the monorail for our 7:50 Ohana ADR
-Wishes is at 10pm that night and I hope to be back in MK in time to see them and MSEP at 11pm
-after that we have til 1am to enjoy some fun

Mon, May 13th:
-This will be a sleep in day as the night before will be a late night
-We plan to head to Downtown Disney late morning for some shopping and hopefully Characters in Flight (missed out on it last time as it wasn't running everytime we were down there)
-We have a 12pm lunch ADR at Raglan Road
-After lunch and our shopping we're going to head to SSR (either by boat or walk) to get a bus to BB to mini golf at winter summerland
-after mini golf back to AKV to freshen up
-This evening we will head to HS for EMH
-We have a 7:15pm ADR at Sci-Fi and then maybe Fantasmic or just enjoy EMH

Tue, May 14th:
-This morning well head to AK to finish up what we missed and redo our Favs
-12:45pm lunch at Tusker House (decided to try the newly added lunch as nothing else really appealed to DH)
-Plan to take our time and soak up the atmosphere at AK which we don't always do as well as check out FLK and FN finally
-This evening will be a resort relax evening, pool, viewing areas, etc
-Dinner ADR @ Jiko 7:30pm

Wed, May 15th:
-Get up early for morning EMH at HS
-TSMM is an absolute must (hopefully fast pass and then standby)
-Lunch ADR @ Hollywood Brown Derby 12pm
-leave HS late afternoon and head to Fantasia Gardens for mini golf
-once done golfing we'll head to EPCOT for a little while
-Then back to AKV to pack for resort switch the next day
-Dinner ADR @ 9pm Boma

Thur, May 16th:
-Get up and pack last minute stuff then head down to check out and give bags to Bell Service for transfer
-Then head to Epcot
-Lunch ADR @ 12pm Nine Dragons
-leave EPCOT in the afternoon and head to BLT to check in
-depending on the time and if room is ready we'll go up to room or head to MK until room is ready
-Dinner ADR 6:30pm @ Kona Café
-after dinner head to poly beach to watch EWP and Wishes
-after wishes head back to BLT to settle into room

Fri, May 17th:
-Early morning ADR @ 8:05am Crystal Palace (first time walking into MK b4 opening)
-Should be done breakfast right around park opening at 9am
-afternoon break at BLT
-EPCOT that evening for EMH
-take boat to HS to see Fantasmic if haven't seen yet or boat over earlier to check out SWW happenings

Sat, May 18th:
-HS for opening at 8am
-Lunch ADR @ EPCOT- Le Cellier 1:15pm
-Afternoon break at resort
-MK for evening
-Dinner ADR 7:30pm @ Be Our Guest

Sun, May 19th:
-Breakfast ADR 9am @ 1900 Park Fare
-after breakfast head to EPCOT and/or HS (more SWW stuff maybe)
-Early Dinner @4:15pm- San Angel Inn
-Break at resort and start to pack
-MK for EMH

Mon, May 20th:
-Checked bags to ARC
-carry-on's to bell services
-check out BLT
-10:00am Breakfast ADR @ Chef Mickey's
-then head to whichever park wan to finish up
-return to BLT by 4:30pm (I expect a 5pm ME time)
-MCO for 8pm flight
-land in PHL 10:30pm
-friend picking us up and taking us to in-laws to get car and pooch to head home

Currently that's the plan but who knows if we'll stick to it

We will be there the same time as you in May! And we are going twice too but, our second is in November :)

MrsBearcat said:
We will be there the same time as you in May! And we are going twice too but, our second is in November :)

When in November? Is it early enough you can catch the end of food and wine? That's why we picked October for the second trip since we will be able to do flower and garden in May then food in wine in October

Looking foward to reading more of your plans. We are planning on going at the end of May. Will miss flower & Garden but I didn't want the kids to miss more school than they need to. I hope to return at the end of the year to finally see the Holiday decortations but I will have to see how it goes and if I can afford it. Can't wait to read more!!:surfweb:

When in November? Is it early enough you can catch the end of food and wine? That's why we picked October for the second trip since we will be able to do flower and garden in May then food in wine in October

I think Food & Wines last couple days is our first couple days but, we are more there for the Osborne Lights :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter