Flowers and Star Wars and Harry, oh my! TR started, link inside!

Seems like I"m running all over the PTR threads today apologizing for not making it over this way in FAR TOO long!! Please forgive me!!

But I am caught up, and wanted to say, just because a day is "busy" doesn't mean it can't be "relaxing". I think the 2 CAN go hand in hand, if planned right.

Your new camera looks super cool; I sure hope it does what you want it to on your trip!!

I LOVED Boma for dinner; I can only imagine they do just as nice a job for breakfast! :thumbsup2

You haven't missed much, I only manage to update once a week. ;) I think it should end up being relaxing, we really only have two activities planned (water park and mini-golf). The other two things planned are meals so don't count. ;)

Based on Dan's TR update about the PPP located at the wave pool, I could probably sit all day and watch the waves come crashing in...... :goodvibes

if you have your camera out just make sure you are sitting far enough away with your zoom lens not to get caught.
:lmao:

Ok, I must be missing something. I know I read the TR but I think I have to go back and find that update as my mind is a blank.

Ok, I must be missing something. I know I read the TR but I think I have to go back and find that update as my mind is a blank.

:lmao: I just reread your TL post. :rolleyes: I have to say that I have never seen that happen in the wave pool. I know there is a danger of it happening on the slides though.

Day 10

Day 10 takes us back to Hollywood Studios. This will be the first day of Star Wars Weekends. Mom and I went in 2009 but Alek and Erich have never been. Mom has informed me that she will not be going with us to the parks this day. I was shocked, I thought for sure she would want to renew her friendship with Linda Leia Amidala Skywalker! :laughing:;)

D7133.jpg

She says not so much and would rather do her own thing this day. She mentioned touring resorts and hanging out by the pool.

I will make sure to drag Alek and Erich to the parks extra early, we will want to be at the front of the crowds as it is sure to be busy. SWW is busy on a normal day but this is also the day that the new and improved Star Tours is set to open which means even more people will probably be trying to get into the park this day.

I won't mind arriving extra early as they keep the crowd entertained while waiting for the park to open.

D7005.jpg

Once they let us in I will head to the left rather than straight towards the hat. There is a rope drop over by the dinosaur that is much closer to Star Tours and not many people seem to know about. Once the rope drops we will be booking it over to Star Tours. If we weren't lucky enough to catch a soft opening on our first DHS day we will ride, if we did then we will be heading straight to the character lines. A picture with Chewie is top priority, he is the family favourite.

Image395.jpg

After that I will let Alek and Erich decide which characters they want to try for. I would love to get a picture with Leia Minnie, Storm Trooper Donald or Darth Goofy.

D7045.jpg

D7046.jpg

D7048.jpg

I have a perfect spot for parade seats so we will scout those out ahead of time and eat a yummy snack while waiting.

D7042.jpg

I have a late lunch booked for Sci-Fi. I think Alek and Erich will really like it here. Mom said that she may come join us for the meal.

Not sure what we will do with the rest of the afternoon, probably just go with what we feel in the moment. I really want to see the closing show, Hyperspace Hoopla, since I missed it last time.

This is a Fantasmic evening so we may or may not stay to see this again. Depends on our energy level and if we managed to see it earlier in the trip.

Love the picture with Chewy. I saw a video online, from Star Wars Weekends and it was some sort of show with Chewy dancing with someone I didn't know and then Leia dancing with a bunch of other people I didn't know and finally, Darth Vadar, dancing to Thriller with a bunch of the guys in the white plastic suits. I don't know if they still do that, but the video was pretty funny. :laughing:

Love the picture with Chewy. I saw a video online, from Star Wars Weekends and it was some sort of show with Chewy dancing with someone I didn't know and then Leia dancing with a bunch of other people I didn't know and finally, Darth Vadar, dancing to Thriller with a bunch of the guys in the white plastic suits. I don't know if they still do that, but the video was pretty funny. :laughing:

Yeah, that is the Hyperspace Hoopla I was talking about that I missed last time. It does look hilarious.

Lessa! I haven't been on the DISboards in forever but I just came across your trip report. So rad that you are going back this spring! I will be getting to WDW just a few days after you leave. I'm psyched to start reading about your plans with your sweet mom & your hilarious brothers. :teeth:

Lessa! I haven't been on the DISboards in forever but I just came across your trip report. So rad that you are going back this spring! I will be getting to WDW just a few days after you leave. I'm psyched to start reading about your plans with your sweet mom & your hilarious brothers. :teeth:

Hey Kelly! Welcome back to the Dis! That sucks that we will be just missing each other!

I'm not a Star Wars fan at all, but I would LOVE to go to Star Wars Weekends! It sounds like so much fun with people dressed up and everything!

I'm not a Star Wars fan at all, but I would LOVE to go to Star Wars Weekends! It sounds like so much fun with people dressed up and everything!

I was actually disappointed two years ago when we went and there were not many people dressed up in crazy costumes. Maybe we were there on an off day? :confused3

What a great idea!!, perhaps paired with a spa treatment:thumbsup2

Groan I woke up this morning to snow falling, we have such spring like weather over the past week, that a majority of our snow has been washed away, it was nice to see some patches of green lawn again.

A spa day sounds nice doesn't it :), I have been throwing around a few other ideas in my mind, of what I would like to do on our days off and when the kids go to Star Wars weekend. I am looking forward to a more relaxed and laid back vacation, as are the kids. I am also looking forward to spending some time with the whole family, it seems that we all have such busy lives, with work, school, etc... that the only time we seem to get together is for Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays and vacations, I look forward to these times.:cool1::banana::yay:

Day Eleven

Once we reach day eleven we will have been to all the parks at least once, some of them twice. Taking that into account our last few days are much more flexible when it comes to plans. What I did was I looked at the park hours and EMH (remember we avoid them) and made a list of top three parks for the day.

For this day, in the number one slot is the Magic Kingdom followed by Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I think we may head to a water park in the morning and then head to a park in the afternoon for the rest of the day. Since the Magic Kingdom is in the number one spot I made a late lunch/early dinner ADR at the Liberty Tree Tavern. The electrical parade is scheduled for this day so if we missed it on our previous MK day this will be a second chance to see it. We will probably take this chance to take lots of scenic photos as well as the traditional silly photos.

We may also choose to just sleep in this day and hang out at the pool before heading to the parks. We will not need to feel rushed since we will have done all the "must-do's" already and can just relax.

D2014.jpg

MK066.jpg

D6027.jpg

092a.jpg

229a.jpg

282a.jpg

446a.jpg

614a.jpg

747a.jpg

OK, I'm all caught up on your plans. 2 weeks in WDW sounds ridiculously fabulous! I am really glad I read about your IOA plans because I didn't consider how insanely mobbed the Harry Potter park will be. We're going there on our last day (Tuesday May 31 - I'm hoping the Memorial Day crowds will have dwindled by then). I didn't realize that people often get shut out because they reach capacity so quickly! The Harry Potter park is the main reason my fiancee is excited about going to WDW, so I definitely want to make sure it goes smoothly.

Your plans sounds wonderful so far. Hooray for an exciting trip! :teeth:

I love that picture of Tinkerbell flying to Tomorrowland! I think it's nice to have some days toward the end where you play it by ear and do whatever you feel like at the moment. We usually end up doing that, whether we planned to or not. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter