• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

flower power concerts.

smidgy

dimples
I searched here, allears net and disney's official site. can anyone provide a link to the flower power concerts for the month of April 2015?
(boy, do I ever miss the days when they had the concerts every night, not just on the weekends. I remember seeing 3 dif. band in one trip I think maybe even 4 one year! and boy, we sure did enjoy Davy jones.. so sad)

. . . boy, do I ever miss the days when they had the concerts every night, not just on the weekends . . .

1) Yep.
2) But, look at the logic and reasoning.
. . . vacationers already are at WDW
. . . their theme park tickets have already been purchased and WDW has vacationer money
. . . whether they go to Epcot or MK-DHS-AK is not an issue to WDW
. . . the vacationers who want concerts can go any day of their vacation
. . . the Flower events want to bring in locals and the locals' money
. . . locals visit more on the weekends than weekdays
. . . so, weekday concerts wouldn't add as much revenue as weekend concerts
. . . this is a nice bit of incremental income to add to vacationer dollars

1) Yep.
2) But, look at the logic and reasoning.
. . . vacationers already are at WDW
. . . their theme park tickets have already been purchased and WDW has vacationer money
. . . whether they go to Epcot or MK-DHS-AK is not an issue to WDW
. . . the vacationers who want concerts can go any day of their vacation
. . . the Flower events want to bring in locals and the locals' money
. . . locals visit more on the weekends than weekdays
. . . so, weekday concerts wouldn't add as much revenue as weekend concerts
. . . this is a nice bit of incremental income to add to vacationer dollars

so:

1.) you do not have a link to the 2015 flower power concerts.
2.) you don't think it's yet another disney "cutback" to eliminate the weeknight concerts we enjoyed for many years.
3.) you posted OBVIOUS reason why having the concerts only on the weekends would bring in more money from locals than having them everynight.
4.)you ignored the main point and question of my thread: (the 2015 Flower Power concert schedule) to go off on an apologist tangent.. based on my parenthetical aside.

Steve Soares has a partial list.:)

Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival: March 4-May 17
Flower Power Weekends (Friday-Sunday) acts:

Gin Blossoms and Village People announced with no dates.
TBA March 6-8
Pablo Cruise March 13-15
TBA March 20-22
Starship Starring Mickey Thomas March 27-29
The Orchestra Starring Former Members of ELO April 3-5
TBA April 10-12
TBA April 17-19
The Guess Who April 24-26
Taylor Dayne May 1-3
Little River Band May 8-10
Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone May 15-17

Thank you WEDWDW, I've been searching also. Looking forward to the Little River Band in May. I hope Steve's accurate. If not it'll still be fun to see any concert from my past!

BTW, SMIDGY, you made me LOL at your second post.:lmao:

Thanks I've been looking for dates as well. Two years in a row Starship was there during our trip even though we picked different weeks to go. I can't say I have any idea who Little River Band is though so I'll have to look that one up. My little ones love the concerts regardless.

Thanks for the info WEDWDW! I hope we can see Little River Band & Herman's Hermits!:cool1:

Thanks for the laugh smidgy!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info WEDWDW! I hope we can see Little River Band & Herman's Hermits!:cool1:

We saw Herman's Hermits in 2013, they were fun!

Hoping Gin Blossoms or Village People end up being the first weekend in March when we're there :goodvibes

They went to weekends only concerts for F&G probably because,1.the econonomy was down and 2.the festival is much longer than F&W which means they had to book 22 groups for the entire festival,I remember the last year they had concerts every night and it was like everyone was playing the festival.The economy has improved,the only reason they haven't switched back to daily concerts is Disney doesn't want to spend the money.I remember being able to do a 4 day trip and see 3 groups in those days,now its one group and be happy with it.

so:

1.) you do not have a link to the 2015 flower power concerts.
2.) you don't think it's yet another disney "cutback" to eliminate the weeknight concerts we enjoyed for many years.
3.) you posted OBVIOUS reason why having the concerts only on the weekends would bring in more money from locals than having them everynight.
4.)you ignored the main point and question of my thread: (the 2015 Flower Power concert schedule) to go off on an apologist tangent.. based on my parenthetical aside.

Wow...you read that post much differently than me. I saw the previous poster as saying that Disney cut the concerts because they didn't want to spend the money on them...the exact same thing you just said. Not sure how that's apologetic? Yes, it's a cutback.

Steve Soares has a partial list.:)

Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival: March 4-May 17
Flower Power Weekends (Friday-Sunday) acts:

Gin Blossoms and Village People announced with no dates.
TBA March 6-8
Pablo Cruise March 13-15
TBA March 20-22
Starship Starring Mickey Thomas March 27-29
The Orchestra Starring Former Members of ELO April 3-5
TBA April 10-12
TBA April 17-19
The Guess Who April 24-26
Taylor Dayne May 1-3
Little River Band May 8-10
Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone May 15-17

thank you SO much!!! every year I have a heck of a time finding the list anywhere. unfortunately, april17-19 is what I'm reallylooking for.. figures lol

we'll be at GFV (yay!) and our plan for those 4 nights is just to do MK and enjoy the resort.. UNLESS there is a band we really want to see at epcot (the next weekend we will go soo the guess who from the BWV for sure)

I hope it's announced before time to make my FP+!

(and thanks to those of you who got my attempt at list making humour!:rotfl:)

Thanks I've been looking for dates as well. Two years in a row Starship was there during our trip even though we picked different weeks to go. I can't say I have any idea who Little River Band is though so I'll have to look that one up. My little ones love the concerts regardless.

Little River Band had 13 chart hits from '76-83..some big hits were::rolleyes1
Lady
Reminiscing
Lonesome Loser
The Night Owls ( my fav)
Cool Change
Take It Easy On Me
Help Is On The Way ( another great one..)

Alan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter