• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flower & Garden 2016

shrinkydinky

Disney Dreamer
Does anyone know when they will release information on the specifics for the 2016 F&G Festival, like bands, food booth items, events? i found all that on wdwinfo for 2015. But would love to plan for our vacation in March. Thanks!

I'm really surprised there is so little posted. Looking forward to attending this year.

I checked out the dates this year and looks like it starts March 2. I might be in WDW on March 1 (the day before). Any chance that F&G does a pre-opening or preview on the day before it is scheduled to open? A soft opening? Or is this just wishful thinking?

Does anyone know when they will release information on the specifics for the 2016 F&G Festival, like bands, food booth items, events? i found all that on wdwinfo for 2015. But would love to plan for our vacation in March. Thanks!

http://allears.net/tp/ep/epcot-flower-and-garden-festival.htm

The link above will provide some info on the F&G Festival. Hopefully its updated soon...But you're correct, this years specifics don't seem available yet. I do prefer the this Festival over the F&W. It was very similar but much less crowded.

Last edited:

Thank you for the link. I've been to the Food & Wine. This will be my first Flower & Garden. Looking forward to specifics like what they are serving at each food booth, what demos we might see. I like planning things out.

Subbed. I love gardening and can't wait to attend at the end of April!

Thank you for the link. I've been to the Food & Wine. This will be my first Flower & Garden. Looking forward to specifics like what they are serving at each food booth, what demos we might see. I like planning things out.

Just so you know, unlike F&W the festival center is only open Fri, Sat and Sun and they don't have as many seminars.

Thank so much gorjus, this is great news. We have a May trip planned, and I assumed we'd miss F & G, as we have for the past several years. :jumping3: :Pinkbounc

I have been the last couple of years on the last day of the festival in May, it used to correspond to the first weekend of SWW. All of the displays etc. were still open the last day. Some things were starting to show signs of the heat already getting too much for them (and me!), but everything was still beautiful. They don't take it all out overnight like they do the Halloween to Christmas transformation at MK, but the exhibits and Festival Center, etc. will be closed the next day. Most of the topiaries seemed to still be in place the day after. What is left of the merchandise will be marked down.

About the food kiosks, I feel like there were a more manageable number than F&W, which I have also attended the last few years. Just as good but with more emphasis on fresh ingredients. Here is a link to the DisneyFoodBlog where she has descriptions, pictures and prices from last year's festival. Just click on the name of each kiosk to go to a page with photos, etc.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-...tival-outdoor-kitchens-menus-and-food-photos/

I really enjoy the festival even though I hate anything to do with yard work! I am trying to take a quick extended weekend trip in April this year to beat the heat.

This will be our first trip during F&G. We've done F&W a few times, but I've been wanting to change it up a bit. Very excited about it too!

I didn't realize I'd be there during flower and garden- I thought it started after my trip! Excited to be able to check it out!

We had to postpone our January trip and our new dates are during Flower & Garden. Are there any tips specific to the Festival that would be good to know? Are there any "must-sees"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter