• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flower & Garden 2016, a few reviews

ElsieAstronaut

A most peculiar mademoiselle
12961501_815029615295943_8746066159264071721_n_zpssjckvfsu.jpg

Watermelon Cucumber Slush, non alcoholic version - Florida Fresh
This was pretty good. It started out very refreshing, but I ended up not finishing it because it was starting to feel too sugary/syrupy. I don't think I would get it again, but am glad I tried it.

12938149_815035698628668_3366406166235234045_n_zpsw54lgbuw.jpg

Jerk Spiced Grouper w/ Green Papaya Slaw & Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette - La Isla Fresca
This was very good. I don't eat spicy food AT ALL so I wasn't going to try this. DB took a bite and encouraged me to as well. I really liked it. It wasn't very hot at all, and the flavor was so well rounded and fresh. DB did say the heat built up a bit the more you ate, but it never got overwhelming. The slaw was also very good. We will get this again if/when we go back, for sure.

12932756_815035358628702_5518771395876909955_n_zpso5jtpdg4.jpg

Fruishi and Yuzu Plum Wine Slush - Hanami
These were the things I wanted to try the most. The fruishi was really good, we just wish it had been a bit more chilled. We were hoping for nice cold, refreshing fruit but it was more 'room temp'. But still, really good.
The plum wine slush was a little disappointing. I like plum wine, a lot. If you've had plum wine, this may be a let down to you as well. I'm used to plum wine being so nice and sweet, and this wasn't. It wasn't awful, just not what I wanted it to be.

12928409_815035921961979_8252674603339103532_n_zps4yjy4eka.jpg

Currywurst with Paprika Chips - Bauernmarkt
This was by far the WORST thing we got all weekend. It was flat out disgusting, to both of us. I'm not sure what we were expecting it...but we threw this out after I took one bite and he took two. The chips were just bland crunch. The meat was...maybe not meat? The texture was gross. And the sauce...we both described it as bad ketchup. Just don't get this.

12936687_815034635295441_1206919668555276544_n_zps58x0stry.jpg

Spicy Hot Dog w/ Pineapple Chutney & Taro Chips - Pineapple Promenade
This was a a major flop. DB got it knowing it was mostly for him. He's not a huge spice fan, but enjoys it to an extent. He couldn't eat this. He took one, maybe two bites and threw the hot dog part away. Didn't even ask if I wanted to try it. He ate the rest of the bread trying to get the spice out of his mouth. He said there was no flavor, just hot, and it hurt.

12932718_815035995295305_4365986832180770319_n_zpsaedjx43m.jpg

Pulled Pig Slider w/ Crispy Onions & Coleslaw - Smokehouse
This was SO GOOD. We figured it would be one of the better samples, but it surpassed our expectations. It was just...perfect. All the flavors and textures blended, the meat was cooked just right, it all just worked. They have a few sauces to choose from as well. We fought over this one and will definitely get it again at least once.

12143255_815035805295324_6136807692879067581_n_zpsuhpn2ikg.jpg

Veggie Spring Rolls w/ Orange Sauce - Lotus House
Not what we were expecting, but alright. The rolls themselves were fine...typical fare. It was the sauce that threw us off. When we saw 'orange sauce' we were expecting either the Panda Express orange chicken variety, or a nice tangy citrus sauce. This was neither. It was orange only in color. The texture, and flavor, is more like mayo. Knowing what to expect, we'd get them again and just toss out the sauce.

12494766_815034745295430_1606835877402587423_n_zpsyt8bgmtr.jpg

Cider Brined Corned Beef w/ Braised Cabbage & Pears - Cider House
Very very good. The beef was tender, juicy, and flavorful. (and i'm really picky when it comes to corned beef!) The cabbage/pear combo was a great compliment to it. We both really enjoyed this.

Not Pictured:

Spiked Chai Latte at the Canada Joffreys
We got the hot version. So stinkin good. If you like chai you'll like this. We would definitely get it again, but on a chillier day.

GoGo Applesauce from the butterfly exhibit
We went back through the exhibit just to get more. Literally the best applesauce i've ever had. I'll be buying it regularly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photo review! Looking forward to being there next week - the pulled pork sliders are on our must do list and this just re-affirms that!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm looking forward to being there in 2 weeks!

The Jerked Spice Grouper is definitely something I was looking forward to trying, and from the reviews it sounds like it wont disappoint. The Cider Brined Corned Beef w/ Braised Cabbage & Pears is something I didn't even realize they had this year until I read your review. I'm going to add that to my "must try" list as I'm a big fan of corned beef.

Thank you! Many of my normal Disney avenues of information have not really posted any reviews of any of the food this year for some reason!

I also want to add the Gaoli Beef Bun at the Lotus House and the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends at the Smokehouse in The American Adventure were excellent!

**Also a must try is the Shrimp and Grits at Florida Fresh! (between Morocco and France)

I also want to add the Gaoli Beef Bun at the Lotus House and the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends at the Smokehouse in The American Adventure were excellent!

**Also a must try is the Shrimp and Grits at Florida Fresh! (between Morocco and France)
We really enjoyed the beef bun at Lotus as well.

I find it interesting (not a criticism at all BTW), that a review of Flower and Garden is a food review and not a review of Flowers and Gardens.

This just shows the evolution of this festival, and Epcot in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter