Flower and Garden Festival

I feel very lucky just to have one day in Epcot for this festival, makes it special. They have to change everything for Holloween and Christmas. The pictures are beautiful and I'm super excited to see and smell all of those flowers! Thank you for the feedback and advice from everyone and this link was very helpful (bookmarked to keep checking for updates):

I booked at Via Napoli on our last night, and will likely cancel ADR for the first night at Festival when I confirm the food kiosks will be available this year. Last year's food descriptions looked decadent- even though I need to stay away from fresh fruit/veggies at Epcot to avoid some associated allergy. My kids will want one of everything. I'd be happy with just the spiked lemon slushies.

Almost a month out for F&G, and our trip...Wonder when they're going to list all the events, etc.?

Almost a month out for F&G, and our trip...Wonder when they're going to list all the events, etc.?
I'm thinking the same thing. We will be at the F&G the first two days of the festival and are hoping that they start giving out some info. soon. It seems like the F&W festival they give out info. way before hand, but except for the days it is being held, nothing.

Does anyone know if the still do the ladybug release? Our kids did this a couple of times during the years when they were young, and it was very nice. The bugs were kept in matchboxes with ladybugs printed on them. You could say that even the matchboxes were...Cute :)

We will be there April 11-15. I'm trying to decide which day will be the best to go to F&G. Not interested in the concert, but would like to sample the different food booths. Will they be open during the week, or only on Friday? Just wondering if Friday will be more crowded due to the concert.

We'll be there the same dates. We plan on going Sunday. spending the evening at Epcot for the Quess Who concert then again on Wednesday. May split the day with Hollywood Studios.
Not sure how crowded it will be but to me Epcot really doesn't get that bad well except for NYE :goodvibes

I did not go to any workshops last year, but have in the past. I still have a lantana plant that we were given to plant a few years ago! One year we made " seed balls" and the wild flowers that grew when I planted mine still grace my garden!

I look forward to this year's F&G, I will be there for a week!:flower1:

We'll be there the same dates. We plan on going Sunday. spending the evening at Epcot for the Quess Who concert then again on Wednesday. May split the day with Hollywood Studios.
Not sure how crowded it will be but to me Epcot really doesn't get that bad well except for NYE :goodvibes

How do you know Guess Who is playing on Friday?

: o )

My date says The Spinners. Any clue what time? Although I recognise a couple of the songs, I'm not so sure my kids will be interested. The bands use the stage by American Pavillion?

The bands usually perform at 5:30, 6:45 and 8. The earlier concerts are USUALLY less crowded. Yes, they use the stage in the America pavilion.

I just saw that the first night the Gin Blossoms are there is our last night... We might have to move some things around. It truly never ends. :surfweb:

this link will get more information
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/

use to Love, LOVE garden and flower show at Epcot - the last few times not so great. You could really, really learn things before. Now WDW seems to be trying to make it more like the food and wine. I don't drink so the food and wine is not a great time for me.

at every corner there was something to see and do - now you actually have to go find the booths. they are no longer in plain sight (at least for me).

before the concerts were great the actually pop bands from the 60's and 70's - now most are fakes like the food/wine. Disney claims it is to make the flower/garden better - for me it says that Disney wants to increase it profits.

Now since I need help - just move to Florida - going several days (a day at a time) for information.

anyway my opinions.

this link will get more information
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/

use to Love, LOVE garden and flower show at Epcot - the last few times not so great. You could really, really learn things before. Now WDW seems to be trying to make it more like the food and wine. I don't drink so the food and wine is not a great time for me.

at every corner there was something to see and do - now you actually have to go find the booths. they are no longer in plain sight (at least for me).

before the concerts were great the actually pop bands from the 60's and 70's - now most are fakes like the food/wine. Disney claims it is to make the flower/garden better - for me it says that Disney wants to increase it profits.

Now since I need help - just move to Florida - going several days (a day at a time) for information.

anyway my opinions.

The bands are fakes? Please explain. I know they have cover bands in the summer during their sounds like summer promo, but during F&G it's the actual band as it is during Food & Wine.

Also I do not drink either and neither does DH and we are going to F&G specifically for the new format that includes food boothes. We also love the food & wine fesrival.

I have never been to the F&W when the real band was playing. So please tell me when you have visited and the bands.

I am old - very old - so yes I do remember - rolling stones, beatles, beach boys, monkeys, hermit, and others - now f&g never had the real rolling stones or beatles - but definitely the others.

Isn't Peter Noone still around? How about Air Supply? I've really enjoyed the bands, and yes, sometimes there's only one former member, but that's what's happening to the bands! Time marches on. I've gone to F&G since before we bought into DVC and that was in 2003, so I see changes, but am still happy to go!

:flower1:

I have never been to the F&W when the real band was playing. So please tell me when you have visited and the bands.

I am old - very old - so yes I do remember - rolling stones, beatles, beach boys, monkeys, hermit, and others - now f&g never had the real rolling stones or beatles - but definitely the others.

We've seen Kansas, Earth Wind and Fire, Howard Jones. As others have pointed out, in some cases there are members who are no longer alive/performing. The Monkee's were not the billed band...rather it was Davey Jones or Mickey Dolenz. The Beach Boys have been performing under the lead of Mike Love (without Brian Wilson etc) since I was a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter