• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flower and Garden booths 2018

10CJ

DIS Veteran
is there a thread for this that I am missing?

Anyone in the park today and try anything?

There are so many things I want to try!

Me too! We’ll be there in 3-1/2 weeks and I’d love to read some reviews. We’ve never done F&G before!

I've been enjoying browsing this nice photo summary of the booths here:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epc...al-outdoor-kitchen-kiosks-and-menus/32356.htm

I've never been to any of the Epcot festivals, so I'm very curious about this one! Looking at the menus is fun but some of them still don't give a full description of what's in each dish. I'm wondering if there are better descriptions somewhere or even an allergy listing?

is there a thread for this that I am missing?

Anyone in the park today and try anything?

There are so many things I want to try!
Well, so far we have had the spicy hot dog with pineapple chutney (too spicy for kid, ok for adults) Honey mascarpone cheesecake (delish) maple popcorn milkshake (2/3 of us like it, too sweet for me) and seared scallop at Northern Bloom (also delish). Going back for more tonight. Oh and the Pineapple Mana Wheat beer at Pineapple Promenade was mild but appropriately pineapply.

Well, so far we have had the spicy hot dog with pineapple chutney (too spicy for kid, ok for adults) Honey mascarpone cheesecake (delish) maple popcorn milkshake (2/3 of us like it, too sweet for me) and seared scallop at Northern Bloom (also delish). Going back for more tonight. Oh and the Pineapple Mana Wheat beer at Pineapple Promenade was mild but appropriately pineapply.

I was interested in trying the pineapple wheat beer, thanks for the report! Glad you are enjoying most of the things you have tried.

Looking forward to reviews as well. We'll be there for the first time in about 6 weeks. I've seen short reviews by Dis Unplugged and DFB, but nothing extensive.

Josh has about 7 booth reviews up this morning. We go for F&G every year and I've found his reviews very helpful. He breaks down costs and value for dollar, which I like, and is very descriptive. I don't always agree with his taste of items but I always look forward to his reviews. I can't wait for our trip!
I'm so glad they have the scallops again! They were one of my favorites from last year.

Josh has about 7 booth reviews up this morning. We go for F&G every year and I've found his reviews very helpful. He breaks down costs and value for dollar, which I like, and is very descriptive. I don't always agree with his taste of items but I always look forward to his reviews. I can't wait for our trip!

I'm so glad they have the scallops again! They were one of my favorites from last year.

Where are these reviews found? I looked at this site and couldn't find them.
Thanks!

Today we had pork tacos (good,) chilequiles (better,) conch salad (good flavor but conch was a bit tough,) and sugar cane shrimp with rice (shrimp was good, rice was a bit dry). Honestly I wouldn’t have gotten the tacos (can get similar at home) but they were close & I knew my DS would try them sans salsa.

Thanks for sharing. Those all sounds delicious, especially the scallops.

My daughter is down there right now and has been sending me pictures of the food items that they've tried and her opinion. So far she really liked the dessert from La isla Fresca and loved the tropical alcoholic drink. At honeybee she love the cheesecake. Northern bloom she was not impressed with the scallops and thought they were better last year. I'll still try them when I go.

I’d been planning on making the outdoor kitchens lunch for one of the days that we are there in April - but I’m starting to fear that won’t be enough!!! So many things sound so good!

I'm following along with Josh's reviews on easywdw and so far, if I get everything I want, I'm looking at $210. Darn all of these tasty-sounding drinks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter