Flounder's

Its on the ship...you will be given a wave phone which works on the island so they can contact you if needed! :)

We are cruising with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. While we are on Castaway Cay is there a version of Flounder's Nursery on the island or is it only on the ship? We don't want to dump them for the day but just some time so my wife and I can relax in the adult beach for awhile, but if we can't that is okay.

If the 3 y/o is potty trained, he/she can go to the kids' club on the island. :)

It's on the ship. There's no nursery on the island just Scuttles Cove which is for children who are registered in Oceaneers Club/Lab.

We are cruising with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. While we are on Castaway Cay is there a version of Flounder's Nursery on the island or is it only on the ship? We don't want to dump them for the day but just some time so my wife and I can relax in the adult beach for awhile, but if we can't that is okay.

We did Flounders for the Castaway cay day. Flounders closed at like 11am so we only could do the morning with just the 2 of us anyway. We went snorkeling and then went back and cleaned up and got her out and then did stuff with her.

It is so quick to get back to the ship we spent the morning together on the family beach, then had lunch. After lunch DD1 (age 4 at the time) went to Scuttles and played in the shaded area with sand and water play - she had a blast. DD2 we took back to the ship to Flounders so she could keep out of the hot afternoon sun and nap if she wanted.

It worked really well for us.

I see a poster above said Flounders shut at 11am - it definitely didn't on our cruise but obviously check out the opening hours and plan your day around that. I know that when we went (2009) they were extending opening time for Flounders quite a lot so perhaps if the other poster went pre 2009 that might explain the limited hours they were offered....

Mel
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter