Flounders/Infant sailing question?

Mickey Fliers

DIS Veteran
What did you use to tip the Flounder staff? I thought I had read that they couldn't accept cash. We sail next week with our almost 5 mo. DD (and her 3 big brothers). Any other tips on sailing with the little one? I am mostly concerned that she will sit on my lap for every meal, b/c I am not sure if she can sit in a restaurant high chair yet. We booked Flounders for most nights after dinner so DH and I can have some alone time.

Also, those who have sailed with an infant, did you prefer a stroller or an infant carrier (ie: Beco, Sling, etc)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Flounders staff are technically not a tipped position. They really appreciate ANYTHING to eat--candies, cookies, etc. IF there is something special to your locality, that's always a nice idea. If there is someone you really like, you can consider something like i-tunes cards--be sure to put the person's name on it--otherwise it has to be turned in to be used as a door prize at their parties.

THe thing that means more than anything else to the CMs is a favorable mention on the cruise evaluation OR a letter to DCL about their great service. This is very important in terms of raises, advancement in the corporation, etc.

Not sure about a little one like yours but we have dressed our napping kids and put them in a stroller to take to dinner many times on the ship. They finish their naps and wake up ready to enjoy the rest of the night after eating their dinner, which the servers quickly brought to them when they started to stir. :)

Not sure about a little one like yours but we have dressed our napping kids and put them in a stroller to take to dinner many times on the ship. They finish their naps and wake up ready to enjoy the rest of the night after eating their dinner, which the servers quickly brought to them when they started to stir. :)

So, strollers are allowed in the dining rooms? Is there enough room?

We always used a stroller with our little one. Strollers are allowed in the dining rooms and we just rolled the stroller right up to the table and she would nap and then wake up. The CM were great with her! One even sat her on their lap when she woke up and entertained her while we ate. They really are great with the little ones! I would definitely take the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!