Flotation Device For Snorkling on CC?

Jennymouser

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if you are required to actually have to wear a PFD when snorkling on CC? We are all experienced snorklers and are expert swimmers. This would adversely affect our experience. Thanks:dance3:

Yes, you are required to wear the vest they provide for snorkeling but it is a manual inflate type and you do not have to inflate it so it will not impact your experience (other than some extra tan lines).

Its just a buoyancy compensator - you don't have to put any air in it - you will be fine.

We bring our own gear every cruise and just pick up a vest on the way into the water

You can bring and use your own. If you do not have the flotation vest, they will loan you that for free.

Does anyone know if you are required to actually have to wear a PFD when snorkling on CC? We are all experienced snorklers and are expert swimmers. This would adversely affect our experience. Thanks:dance3:

i've been there 3 times and snorkeled without the vest and no one has ever said any thing to me about haveing to use it..:3dglasses

i've been there 3 times and snorkeled without the vest and no one has ever said any thing to me about haveing to use it..:3dglasses

Was there in March. The lifequard whistled and yelled that snorkelers needed vests. I didn't think she was talking to us at first because we had brought our own equipment but she whistled again. There are tons of the vests hanging on the lifeguard tower.

they even require you to wear them if you are snorkeling in the family beach swimming area.

When we went anyone with their toes in the water in the snorkeling area had to have it on. They are made so you can tie it around you so it doesn't get in the way. You can snorkel on the adult beach without it since their are no lifeguards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter