Flo's V8 & more

Debers17

Mouseketeer
We are trying to schedule a DIS meetup...is Eye Scream's ice cream available around 3pm on the first day. I believe many places close down for the lifeboat drill, from what I've read. Just checking that at 3pm this area is open and available?

Eye Scream is on the open deck area of the pool deck. There is no seating available. It's not an indoor ice cream place. There area chairs and tables near by if you want to sit and meet with people in the area. I don't know when they start serving the ice cream.

Flo's V8 is on the opposite side of the ship from EyeScream and yes there is seating near that area. We are just off the last Eastern (Sept. 8th) and this is where we had our meet up. there was plenty of room to stand and there were tables and chairs in the area as well. :thumbsup2

OP here and a first time cruiser :wave2: I was under the assumption, based on reviews and photos that I have seen, that Eye Scream was in the same area as Flo's V8 (and the other little "shops"). Being a first time cruiser on DCL makes it difficult to arrange a meet up if I don't know where everything is or when it's even available.

Flo's V8 is on the opposite side of the ship from EyeScream and yes there is seating near that area. We are just off the last Eastern (Sept. 8th) and this is where we had our meet up. there was plenty of room to stand and there were tables and chairs in the area as well. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your helpful response. Was it open and available around 3pm? I believe we will be having 2 separate meet ups so even trying to arrange one without really knowing when is a good time is turning out to be a challenge. :scratchin

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your helpful response. Was it open and available around 3pm? I believe we will be having 2 separate meet ups so even trying to arrange one without really knowing when is a good time is turning out to be a challenge. :scratchin

Yes, it will be open at 3:00. It is usually open upon boarding and then doesn't shut down until around 3:45 for muster drill and will reopen after.

OP here and a first time cruiser :wave2: I was under the assumption, based on reviews and photos that I have seen, that Eye Scream was in the same area as Flo's V8 (and the other little "shops"). Being a first time cruiser on DCL makes it difficult to arrange a meet up if I don't know where everything is or when it's even available.

Flo's Cafe area is on the Starboard side of the ship and Eye Scream is on the port side. You just have to walk across the deck to the other side of the ship to get from one to the other. They are basically back to back. There is a walk-through (through the doors).

3 pm is a pretty popular time for a Meet. Our meet on the Dream was at the Vista Cafe area on Deck 4. It is indoors, right above the atrium and there is plenty of seating. Vista Cafe should be serving coffee/tea and alcohol (for a fee) at that time. It is not an adult only area like Cove Cafe.

Here is a pic of the area.

Vista Cafe is at the end of the hall...you can see all the seating.

This is the area (just out of camera view) where the cruise rebooking desk is located.

MJ

Yes, and as I just mentioned, I believed it was in the same area. Apparently this is not the case.
Eye Scream is in the same area as Flo's. Take a look at deck 11. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Disney Dream

On the Fantasy they are in the same general area but on opposite sides of the ship. They both close down about 3:30-3:45 for the safety drill and re-open about 4:30.

The problem with a cruise meet on the pool deck is that it can be very noisy.

Thank you everyone for your help! It is much appreciated and I have a better understanding of where everything is now. We are planning on a small ice cream social for those who do not want to attend the other meetup we plan to have in one of the lounges at 10. I believe we plan to attend one of the comedy or game shows for the later meetup, which is really how everyone in the group has suggested :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter