• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Floriday's Resort

DisneyMark06

Earning My Ears
Anyone stayed at the new Floriday's resort? recently. Wondering if it is completed and what it is like. Hoping someone can give me the good and the bad about this resort. Checked out tripadvisor and seems to be all good. They have a pretty good weekday special going on and I'm thinking about going there this summer.:cool1:

Here is my response to a question posted about Floriday's just yesterday. I'd be happy to answer more of your questions if you have any.

It is a very nice / new resort, and yes we got a great deal which is why we stayed there.

Just a "little?" concerned about security.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1402311

MN Dis Fans, Thank you for your post on Floriday's. One question, you say you would not stay there again any reason beyond the security issue or is it something else, just wondering. Thank you:)

Yes, I think it's mainly a security concern. Mind you, I realize the theft / break in we witnessed could have happened anywhere.
We own a couple of weeks through RCI, and most of the places we normally stay at have 24 hour security at the front entrances, so have never encountered what we did at Floriday's. We just needed a room for 1-night for 6x of us, so the 3-bedroom we got at a geat rate was what sold us to stay there.
I do believe that the entrance Floriday's currently uses is a temporary entrance. the sign even says this, so perhaps when they open the main entrance, they will have 24 hour security?, and it would be less likely for cars off the street could drive through?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter