• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Floridays resort units

keeperof4

Mouseketeer
Hi we have just booked first three days of our Feb. 2012 trip at Floridays Resort on International Drive. We received a great price with no cancellation fees or penalties and what appears so far?? no timeshare sales pitch. We were wondering if anyone has recently stayed there and can give us some info other than tripadvisor on the best units to request. We would like to be close to the pool, high floor, but facing away from the noise that comes with the pool area.we understand this is a family friendly resort.(no late night partying tolerated) Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. 82 days and counting to fun in the sun! :cool1:

I'm here right now And it's very nice. Were on the third floor in building b and so far so good, not loud, close to the pool...it's great so far!

Thanks for the info Twiu,we are already booked for one week at SVR that treated us very well this year so we just had to return again, but the price for the three extra days was a little high,and we would probably need to stay in two different units anyway.We were contacted by one other resort but received so many warnings thanks to folks like yourself it was not a option.To bad many resorts still operate time share sales promotions just within Florida laws!! Floridays has excellent reviews(no.1on tripadvisor) and a very good price even with extra resort fee's ,we just had to visit! It's is also very close to the Hilton were family own and we will be spending a lot of time. Glad to hear your having a grand time.

Just thought I would give my opinion of our two night stay at Floridays Resort. This is ranked No. 1 on another review website. The staff were very very friendly upon arrival , we did receive our request for a two bedroom unit on the top floor. These are basic condo units that are certainly showing their wear and tear,out dated furnishings ,tv's If someone was expecting a hotel room, I can understand why they would be somewhat impressed by the units. The negatives : this is not a gated community, when traveling with children for an extended period, this is a must.The patio and door were not screened on our unit so we could not leave the door open. The toilet ran our first night until I finally got up and turned it off. The shower was probably one of the worst that I have used in all my travels. The bath fans rattled and banged so that they could not be used. The first morning I wanted to bring this to the cleaning staff's attention but they were arguing with each other so I didn't think it was the best time to bring this up. Our second night although I understand the resort has no control over this, it was non stop running, yelling, slamming doors until late in the evening. At approximately 1:30 am a group attempted to enter the smaller pool next to our building, an argument started and there were no security from the resort to intervene.The last morning the hair dryer in the kids bath room began to smoke, I unplugged it and left a note.
Floridays resort is in a very good location. They do have one large child friendly pool but after 9am forget about finding seats or loungers. They also charge a daily resort fee that is clearly stated upon booking so expect this on your bill. In my opinion there are far superior gated facilities in the immediate area that offer superior accommodations for around the same price. By the reviews of this resort,(that do not reflect our stay) it appears many have not had the opportunity to experience these facilities.

Our family has stayed at Floridays twice and enjoyed it both times. Both times were on the ground floor (our request) and our patio was always screened. To me, it is a roomy condo with an upscale feel. We did have a minor maintenance issue once that was resolved quickly and professionally. Our last stay was Thanksgiving week 2010, and though the pool was crowded, we were able to obtain chairs. My friend and I cooked our famiies' holiday meal in the kitchen, and it was well-equipped. The Piblix store around the corner is a huge plus. We are planning to stay here again.

keeperof4,

We were planning to book Floridays, but I would be interested to know the other gated facilities which would would prefer.

Thanks in advance

David

In my opinion there are far superior gated facilities in the immediate area that offer superior accommodations for around the same price."​

Floridays is great for what you get.

Stayed in building facing a pool, but top floor. We could not hear the pool at night. I would not stay on either the second or third floor because the palm trees would block your views.

Boeing 737 we stayed for two nights last year , this is not a gated resort. Although we will not take away from any one else's enjoyment, With our experience , we would never stay there again. With young children a gated resort is a must. During our two night stay , I do believe that I only saw security once. It has also lost it's number one rating in the last year. I questioned this rating after arriving , it is certainly not up to the standards of other gated resorts in the immediate area. Through simple research you can find superior accommodations in the International dr. area for around the same price. In the past we have always tried different accommodations for one or two nights when arriving in Orlando to extend our vacation. I would highly recommend Sheraton Vistana Resort (sr 535) or Villages which is right across from Floridays Resort. Hilton vacation is just around the corner . We will no longer be disappointed trying sub standard accommodations that are not up to par with the Starwood/Hilton name. Best of luck with your choice, have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter