FloridaSun + 1 Day 5, Breakfast at Sizzlers, Sad Goodbyes,DTD,Epcot

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Players

Me: Sue 43 Born Worrier and Trip Leader.
DD: Vicki 15 2nd In Command, But the Real Leader according to her.

Day 5: Monday August 22nd 2005

When we got back from the Boardwalk last night there was a message from Vi (Andy's Mum) to see if we would like to join them all for Breakfast today as they were returning home from WDW. You bet we would.
Vi picked us up around 10am from outside the pop in a hire car she had got because hers had broken down yesterday and had to go into the garage. We made our way to I think it was called Sizzlers somewhere near International Drive, I believe. Well we all went in and were seated striaght away. This turned out to be the bargain meal of the holiday,there were 7 of us, Myself, Vicki, Andy, Hazel,Vi, Angelina and Pete, Andys nephew, and it was an all you could breakfast buffet, for the 7 of us it came to a little over $44 which included as much breakfast as you could muster and all refillable drinks, an absolute bargain, and at times like this I realised I wish we had a car, to enable us to try other cheaper resturants off Disney property. :moped:

Well after a hearty breakfast it was time to wish our newly made friends goodbye and safe travels back home :sad2: . They are truly wonderful people and looked after Vic and I as if we were one of their own. It was really quite emotional when Vi dropped us off at the POP and we said our goodbyes for the last time, but hopefully Vi would be coming down to see us before we left as she lives in Florida and we know we are going to see Andy and the gang next year on our cruise. Vic made a really good friend in Angelina and they promised to communicate with each other when we got home. Thanks guys it was great meeting you. :grouphug:

f241bb99.jpg

VICKI OUTSIDE POP BEFORE BREAKFAST

f241b168.jpg

THE FINAL BREAKFAST WITH THE WALTERS!

After a quick rest to allow the food to digest, we decided to go to Downtown Disney to do a bit of shopping, we first went into the Chrsitmas Shop to pick up some cat tags which I promised Kaylee I would get for her, that sorted, we then went into the World of Disney Shop where Vicki immedatley spotted a Steamboat Willie Mickey(her favorite) which she just had to have. We did a little bit of shopping at the Rain Forest Cafe shop as they had a sale on a lot of T/shirts, so I bought 2 for me and 1 for Vic. Went into the Lego shop and had a quick look around but did not purchase anything here.

We then made our way over to West Side to have a look around Virgin, Vic bought a couple of cd's, much cheaper here than back home. There was so much I wanted but we were planning a trip to the Florida Mall soon, so thought I would save my money. :rolleyes1

As we had no real plans for the day, we thought we would pop into Disney Quest for an hour, now Vicki loves this place but I personally think its in need of a refurb and something new added to it, there were an awful lot of the games consoles that were not working and even the funny elevator was out of action(the part I like the best). We first went up to the computers to see if it was possible for me to get one to sign in on the dis, just to let everybody know what a wonderful time we were having of course, now normally I am out of luck, but we just happened to be in the right place as a guy was leaving one, so on we jumped. Vicki then wanted to do her favorite thing of designing her own rollercoaster and then riding it, now I'm not good in these little simulators so Vic went on her own while I went and got us a drink. When I got back she was just finishing and about to go in. If I had been spun around like she had I would have been green :sick: :faint: , but she seemed to enjoy it. :Pinkbounc

f241e109.jpg

RAINFOREST AT DTD

f241e5df.jpg

VIC AND HER MICKEY

f241db56.jpg

VIC RIDING HER ROLLERCOASTER

After dropping off the shopping,we then decided we would head over to Epcot to see Illuminations, Im afraid I dont have any photos of this as we took the camcorder instead. We arrived at Epcot and went striaght over to Test Track which was a walk on, again we managed to get the same car even though we were in the single riders line,the photo below is a photo I took of the photo, if you know what I mean, tight, me, never :rolleyes1 :rotfl: we then made our way over to world showcase where we had a look around the shops, there was a great lady outside China I think making Animals out of candy and Vic got herself a Dolphin, which was remarkable. We stopped by the Rose and Crown and had some Fish and Chips as we had not eaten since our hearty breakfast, and was luckey enough to get a seat right where we were sat last night, for the meet, to watch Illuminations, which was fantastic.

After a slow stroll to the buses,we managed to get the first bus that arrived, when we got in there was a message from Karen to see if we would like to go to MGM with them on Thursday, no problem, that was Thursday sorted for us and Vic was really looking forward to have somebody to go on tower of terror and RnR coaster with her instead of riding on her own as mum is a chicken :blush:, although I have to admit I have been on both of them before but if someone else wants to go in my place I'm more than happy to oblige...Ok Jon. :rotfl:

Watched a bit of tv and if I did dream of anything I cant remember it lol. Night night zzzz

f241d21b.jpg

Me, Back far left, vic front, far right.

Coming Soon Day 6: MGM, ANIMAL KINGDOM AND MY FIRST POKER GAME.

where Vicki immedatley spotted a Steamboat Willie Mickey(her favorite) which she just had to have.

Amber bought one of these as well on our second day! They must both have good taste ;)

I never thought of taking a photo of the photo :teeth:

A great day with lots of fab shopping :cool1: Hubby can't wait to try the build your own rollercoaster at DisneyQuest! Love the taking a photo of the ride photo :)

Loving the pictures!

I am at Pop next year and I am sooo excited reading your reports! :goodvibes

:flower:

Jodie

Thanks for the trip report. I am not from England but enjoy reading about how those from other countries view WDW. Lookingforward to more trip reports!

Thanks again - you've cheered up my evening

That's where my DD always heads for in DQ Sue, I did ride it with her the first time, but never again .LOL's Last time she had her sister to go on with her,
they made us by the video it was so funny ;)

Great day, lovely photo's too.

Hi Sue.

Thank you for writing these reports Sue,as every time I read them it makes me think of our holiday!!!!! :goodvibes

Looking forward to the next one!!!!

Jon. :teeth:

Alas, our WDW trip was way too short, and I'm sorry we had to leave you and Vicki behind, but we did very much enjoy the time we shared together with both of you!!! Looking forward to our August 2006 cruise!!!

Really enjoying the reports and piccies, Sue. That Mickey is maybe the cutest I have ever seen!! ::MickeyMo

ArielJasmine princess:

:) Thoroughly enjoying these Sue, we've never tried Sizzlers ourselves yet but at that price will try it next time. Thanks again,

Audrey

I forgot to mention earlier Sue, the Sizzler was on 192, just a few miles outside of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter