FloridaSun + 1 Day 3 -Soarin,Riding the Monorail,Planet Hollywood with Friends

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Players

Me: Sue 43 Born Worrier and Trip Leader.
DD: Vicki 15 2nd In Command, But the Real Leader according to her.

Saturday 20th August.

Awoke around 7.30am and thanks to Vi taking us to Walmart yesterday, I tuck into one of my breakfast bars and Vicki has a bowl of ceral. This morning we are off to my favorite park, Epcot. Get to the bus stop around 8am and there is already quite a queue for Epcot, but we are soon on our way.

First things first, we go and see if we can find our leave a legacy tile which we had done last August, it took us a while but we eventually found it. Just then the character bus turned up. Now this is the first year that Vicki has not collected autographs and although it meant more time to do other things, a part of me really missed her doing this, still she still had some phtos done with characters.
f25c1813.jpg

f25c1151.jpg

f25c0ca0.jpg

As the living seas was closing down for refurb the following day we wanted to go straight over there and see Turtle Talk with Crush. This was and still is one of the highlights of the holiday for us, it was so funny and very clever the way he interacts with the kids, Fantastic. I do hope he returns when they reopen. We then went and had a look around the rest of the living seas.

f25c0631.jpg

f25bf3ea.jpg

f25bef6d.jpg

Made our way back to the front of the park then, to ride Spaceship Earth which both Vicki and I love, we thought we should then go and get fastpasses for Soarin, but again as the park was so quiet, the wait time was only 10 mins so we queued up. Now before I go any further I have to tell you that I dont like heights and I suffer from motion sickness, is this leading up to something I hear you ask (well im going for the sympathy vote). We go in and right as you get to the loading area there is a sign telling you that there are shape twists and drops on this ride and anybody sufferring from a phobia of heights and motion sickness should not ride. "Thats It" thats enough to put me off. The lady asks how many and I tell her my concerns, well how bad is your fear of heights she asks,Well anything higher than my 3ins heels actually, I reply with a nervous laugh. Vic agress to go on her own and test it out for me, so I ask the cast member for the Chicken Door, OMG NO CHICKEN DOOR!!!, You mean I have to walk back out past all these people queueing. Im afraid so she says. So I think to myself, hold your head up high and pretend you've just dropped off your little one, and now your going to meet them at the front.

Off I go, pretending that I've been on loads of times, everyone is looking at me as they do, but I put on a brave face, and then I hear "Are you not going on after you've queued up" Oh! Oh! Rumbled! "Hi Barb" Barb from the dis meet the night before. I come clean and make my way to way to wait for Vicki at the fastpass machines and just in case she says its fine, I get 2 fastpassess in readiness. Well within 5 mins Vic comes out and tells me I would love it, so off we go again, me having to face the same cast member who I had just told I could'nt possibly do it. Well it was fabulous, we were right at the top and to the far left of the screen, We did this another 3 times and I have to admit that I think the top row is the best, as you can not see other peoples feet.

We then went for a bite to eat in the land at a place I think thats called Sunshine Seasons food court. Now I understand this place reopened in Jan after major refub, and I dont know if it was just me but I could not get over how many Flys were in there, where on earth did they come from, I have never noticed that many flys anywhere in Disney well Florida actually, but this place seemed to be a magnet for them, it really put us off so we did'nt stay.

From here we then went over to Innovations which is Vickis favorite. Vicki had a go at Vertual baseball and managed to score 5 Homeruns in her 10 attempts. She then had a go at designing a robot and making it run in a race against other robots. Barb and her son were also there, so we were competing against them, Vicki's robot came 2nd. We then went in the house of the future and I would love one of those hottubs with the tv in it.

f25bea45.jpg

f25be678.jpg

We then went on test track, we always use the single riders line as we have always struck lucky and ended up riding in the same car, this time was no exception.

Now one of the things on my must do list was to ride on the monorail as we had never done it before, and as it was getting hotter, we thought we would leave world showcase for another day. We were hoping to ride up front with the driver, a tip I have got from the boards, but alas it was not meant to be as somebody had got there before us. We tode to the TTC and as we had some time we thought we would get another one to the MK, and then the bus back to the Pop. This time we were lucky and managed to get up front with the driver, well this was fantastic, we went right through the Contemporary Resort which was amazing.

f25bd8a3.jpg

f25bcee0.jpg

f25bca84.jpg

f25bad33.jpg

When we got back to our room we had a message from Andy's mum Vi to see if we would like to meet them at Downtown Disney to have Dinner at Planet Hollywood, of course we would, yum.
After a swim and change we sat outside the house of the Blues waiting for Andy and Family. Once we had all met up we then met up with Andys brother and his girlfirend and their children and made our way in. We only had a small wait were then seated on the 2nd floor, I ordered Bacon BBQ hamburger with fries and salad, I was very impressed with the food, well so impressed I forgot to take a photo lol. Oh well diet starts after hols. What a fantastic night, great food, great company and the time just flew by. You should have seen the size of the desserts, they were huge!!

f25b9e68.jpg

f25b9bf7.jpg

f25b9599.jpg

Vi dropped us back to the POP around 10ish and it was tipping down, the first real downpore we had seen since we got there.

Spent an hour watching TV, then fell to sleep dreaming of Giant Ice creams. Night Night zzzzzz

Coming Soon: Day 4 Lazy Day, Photo Tour of the Pop Century Resort, Planned Dismeet at Epcot,and the wonderful Boardwalk with Karen and Family.

That is so cool you rode upfront in the monorail :teeth:

I agree about the flies at the Sunshine Seasons :( We were there for breakfast on EMH one morning (having ridden Soarin' and Test Track 3 times each LOL) and the place was full of them. I agree not very appetizing!

I think I could drop Amber & Erin off at Innoventions in the morning and pick them up hours later, they would not even notice we had gone LOL.

More, please :teeth:

Another great report from my fave park, we all love Epcot, especially Soarin' and Test Track too. You've got some lovely photos Sue, my girls don't bother with autographs now but they still go up for photos with the characters

Looking forward to the next installment

So glad you rode Soarin' in the end Sue. Sounds like you had a great day - and 'up front' on the monorail - how cool :sunny:

florida sun said:
OMG NO CHICKEN DOOR!!!, You mean I have to walk back out past all these people queueing. Im afraid so she says. So I think to myself, hold your head up high and pretend you've just dropped off your little one, and now your going to meet them at the front

:rotfl2:

I decided on our last but one visit that I didn't like drops in boats and chickened out of the...wait for it...boat ride in Norway (Maelstrom?) That was quite a tight corrider to walk down past a queue I can tell you!

newholidayx2 said:
thanks Sue

hmmm what do you mean DISmeet the next day?

Hi Barb

This was a dismeet that was arranged with people from the UK boards at Epcot.

Sue :wave:

Enjoyed your report, thanks, Sue. I nearly chickened out of Soarin too because I am scared of heights, but I loved it and am glad you did too.

ArielJasmine princess:

Lovely report and great photos. Sadly, I never take enough... anyway, will look forward to more,

Claire xx

Hi Sue. As a newie I am catching up reading everyone's trip reports - am loving yours. Lucky you riding at the front of the monorail. Looking forward to the next installment.
Jan

:wave2: Hi there Sue, lovely report again. I loved Soarin' too. I have not tried Mission Space because of so many people saying they felt ill after it though I don't suffer from motion sickness. It must just affect people differently with you saying you have bad motion sickness but love going on Mission Space.

I'm glad that you loved Soarin. I hope I will get to go on it one day!! EPCOT is my favourite park as well! :flower:

It sounds like you had an amazing trip!! :cool1:

Great report Sue, how cool you got to ride up front on the monorail - Andy and I have tried to do this a few times and failed :( We'll keep trying in October though :banana: Epcot is my 2nd favourite park but it is seriously nudging Magic Kingdom for the top spot - who knows, maybe this trip it will overtake it. I can't wait to try Soarin' - I was interested by your comments as I suffer from motion sickness myself but I will definitely give it a try. Looking forward to more - especially the photo tour of Pop, I love that resort :cool1:

Thanks love the photos
and your leave a legacy tile came out really life like LOVE IT
did it cost much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter