• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Floridan looking for snow!

Keira1387

Married at Disney August 2, 2008
We live in Florida and want to go see some snow around Christmas. We are thinking about Snow Mountain/Stone mountain area and wondering if anyone has input on this location or another similar place.

Looking for the shortest drive possible and a place where we are guaranteed to see snow Even if it might be fake.

Also if anyone has recommendations on what clothes are really needed for us and kids

Thanks!!

If you want snow, I’d go to Canada if the border opens up. Snow mountain in GA is pretty underwhelming.

We live in Florida and want to go see some snow around Christmas. We are thinking about Snow Mountain/Stone mountain area and wondering if anyone has input on this location or another similar place.

Looking for the shortest drive possible and a place where we are guaranteed to see snow Even if it might be fake.

Also if anyone has recommendations on what clothes are really needed for us and kids

Thanks!!

I know that people will say Canada.. but here in the Toronto area, a white Christmas is the exception not the rule! lol.. We haven’t had a real white Christmas (minimum of 2 inches on the ground on Christmas morning) in a while.

You would probably have a better chance in the Ottawa area or in the Townships in Quebec 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks!!

What about this? It looks like it is scheduled to open in November 2020 (of course, that is probably subject to change due to the pandemic):

https://snowcatridge.com/

That looks like fun, @MGMmji, and it's guaranteed snow! Next best, I would say Buffalo, NY. Snow isn't guaranteed anywhere, but Buffalo is more likely to get lake effect snow.

Snow is kinda hit and miss in the Northeast. For example, Pennsylvania CAN have snow at Christmas, but it's no guarantee. Not sure I can say where it would be for sure. Upper New York (Buffalo or along the St. Lawrence)?

Only place guaranteed, >99% chance, to get snow is the mountains of the Pacific Northwest. Long ways from Florida though.

We only have a few days off and flying isn’t an option at the moment so that doesn’t leave us with many options.

Stone Mountain isn’t the most exciting, but kids will be so happy to see it even if it’s fake!

Given how interesting Snow Ridge looks, and that Dade City is in (vs close to) Florida, I'd only book refundable stay near Stone Mountain. That way, you can easily switch to Show Ridge if it opens as planned, but you have the fake show trip if it doesnt

What about this? It looks like it is scheduled to open in November 2020 (of course, that is probably subject to change due to the pandemic):

https://snowcatridge.com/
Sadly, the indoor ski slope attached to the American dream mall 10 minutes from me has closed down, along with the indoor water park, indoor amusement park, ice rink and shops. It only took 20 years to open before Covid shut it down. My kids went skiing there and really liked it.

Given how interesting Snow Ridge looks, and that Dade City is in (vs close to) Florida, I'd only book refundable stay near Stone Mountain. That way, you can easily switch to Show Ridge if it opens as planned, but you have the fake show trip if it doesnt

That’s a great idea!!

Manitoba will have real snow. Heaps of it.

But if you don't want to cross the border try North Dakota.

Colorado?

I live in Buffalo Niagara region and it snows a good bit here in the winter but we don't always have white Christmases. Sometimes we get the bulk in Jan and Feb, depending on the year. Syracuse gets more snow than us, so might have better odds there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter