Florida Sun +1 Day 6 MGM/ANIMAL KINGDOM

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Players

Me: Sue 43 Born Worrier and Trip Leader.
DD: Vicki 15 2nd In Command, But the Real Leader according to her.

Tuesday 23rd August 2005

We were awake really early today, as we wanted to get to MGM for early opening. We were on the bus by 7.30am and at the park gates by 7.45, the Mgm studios are literally around the corner from the Pop so its only a five min drive. We went straight over to get fastpasses for Lights Motor Action, the show started at 1pm and our fastpasses were for 12.25 - 12.40. Job Done.

Then went over to the Great Movie Ride, we were at the front of the train and had the cowboy version, in fact I dont think we have ever had anything different, but we still love it. I always jump when the alien comes out from above my head.

f22ab4fc.jpg

As we had skipped breakfast we thought we could try the ABC Commisonary as we had heared good reviews about it, well we queued up and paid fairly quickly, but then had to wait nearly an hour for our breakfast because one of their fryers was broken, in fact we waited so long they were not serving breakfast any more by the time ours had come, but in fairness it was worth waiting for very very tasty.

We then made our way over to the Backlot Tour, this was a walk on and the park was very quiet. We then walked along Mickey Avenue and went in to see One Mans Dream, I love this and I always find the movie at the end very moving.There were 4 of us in there. We then made our way over to the streets of America and took some photos, great to see the umbrella working again. We popped into the AFI Showcase Shop where I purchased a Desparate Housewives T/Shirt and Vicki had a Tool Time Tim one.

f22ac37e.jpg

f22aa995.jpg

f22aa1e0.jpg

f22a8b1b.jpg

f22a8519.jpg

f22abc0f.jpg

By now it was time to go and see Lights Motors Action and I have to be honest I really enjoyed it, Im not much into car chases and stunts but I thought this was really entertaining.

f22ac9e5.jpg

f22ad370.jpg

f22adf6a.jpg

Over then to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, now like everyone, Im really good at this at home, shouting at the TV as you do, well here I had as much chance as getting in the Hot Seat as I had of winning the lottery, still we enjoyed it and it was great to see a small girl of about 6 getting up to 16,000 points.

f22bd47d.jpg

We then happened to come across a fabulous little shop called the Writers Shop on Commisonary Lane, that sells books, there is also a very small coffee shop in there and they sell the best White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies, I have ever tasted in my life, I dread to think of the calories in them, but still made a mental note of where it was to tell Karen, so that we could come back on Thursday, well if im being truthful it was so that I could find it on my way out so I could take another one back to the hotel with me lol. Now I asked Vic if she wanted to do TOT/RnR today or wait until Thursday and go on with Jon,"Right let me think" she replied, and I think she could tell by my staring wide eyes, and my trembling with nerves body that Thursday with Jon was probably the correct answer. "PHEW".

It was now getting very very hot so we made our way back to the Pop for a swim, and at long last Vicki was going to show me how to play poker, so now if anyone fancys their chances against me at poker, well chances are you will win, I was rubbish and could not get the hang of it but Im determined to keep at it. After about an hour I gave up and went for a long swim.Now normally I would,nt dream of posting a photo of me in any form of swimsuit but hey I lost 2 stone, so why not.

f22a781b.jpg

It was extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom Park this evening, so thats where we headed next. Again apologies for the lack of photos but I do have some great camcorder footage if your interested lol. No crowds again, so striaght over to Kilimanjaro Safaris, where its a walk on, a first for us. There were quite a few animals out, and I think this ride is made all the better if you have a good cast member driving, which we did. Over then for a soaking on Kali River Rapids, so much fun we get off and go straight back on again, throughly soaked, we head over to the festival of The Lion King, my absolute favorite show in all of Disney. The circle of life gets me everytime, blubber like a baby, well ok 1 or 2 tears but it always moves me, Vic gives me a nudge and threatens not to come to this again with me unless I stop it lol. Over then to Dinoland where I remind Vic of the huge Dino I won for her last year, which we could not fit in the case and ended up having to give it away to some small American Child as it was too big to take on the aircraft, so this year she wants to go and see if she can win a smaller one herself. So we pay our $$$ each for the game where you have to hit all the popping dinosaurs on the head to score points. Im bashing away at these poor things like they are my Ex Husband popping up (good therapy) :rotfl2: , but all too soon the bell rings and I look up to see it was Vicki who had won on her first attempt. She won a bright Green Dino which quickly gets named "Disbo The Dino". We finished off here by riding Dinosaur, I love this ride, Vic Does too, and Disbo seemed to enjoy it.

f22ae794.jpg

f22b783e.jpg

f22bcdf5.jpg

We then went and had a look to see how they were getting on with Expedition Everest, well I was sure when we were approching, that I saw a train going around the track and then dissapear inside. We asked a cast member who was standing near by and he told me I was right,and that they had just finished testing the train on the track using sand bags as weights. He explained to us that the track was now completly finished and when they finish testing with sandbags, they then test the ride using the cast members.

f22b8546.jpg

f22b8069.jpg

We got back to the Pop at about 9.30pm and went and sat by the pool, me with a Vodka and Coke and Vic with her Ipod (Bliss).

Bed about 11pm, Shattered, Really full day today, fell asleep dreaming about Giant Green Dinosaurs, Night Night zzzzz

Coming Soon: Day 7 Florida Mall, Premium Outlets and Wishes MK.

At last! Day 6!

they sell the best White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies, I have ever tasted in my life,
You aren't wrong there, and you know that calories don't count when you're on holiday :teeth:

we head over to the festival of The Lion King, my absolute favorite show in all of Disney. The circle of life gets me everytime, blubber like a baby, well ok 1 or 2 tears but it always moves me, Vic gives me a nudge and threatens not to come to this again with me unless I stop it lol
Oh me too, me too :teeth:

Well that was worth waiting for but please don't make us wait so long for the next one ;)

Another great day, I cant wait to stay at Pop next year :goodvibes

:flower:

Jodie

Well that was well worth the wait, another great trippie Sue, your photos are great and you looked fab in the pool - so well done !!

Mandy

BTW is Day 7 due around the beginning of the New Year ?? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Fantastic trip report! Please dont make us wait too long for your next one!

Really enjoyed reading this Sue ~ It was certainly worth the wait.

We visited the Writer's Stop a few times on our last trip ;)

Thank you for your report. Loved the bit about bashing the creatures!

Susan

Sue great report and worth the wait. I said wait not weight :teeth: well done by the way :)
Looking forward to the next installment tomorrow ;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh Sue, as a member of the first wives club you had me with the dinosaur bashing! great report, more please!

Really enjoyed your report, Sue, thanks very much. And the pictures, Expedition Everest looks to be coming on really well.

ArielJasmine princess:

Lovely report Sue. Expedition Everest looks like it is going to be a fantastic ride. I wonder what it feels like for CMs to be test dummies on it though, I wonder if it is part of their job description. :)

Great report, love the photos and yes, you looked great in your cossie. Well done to you :banana:

Will look out for part 7 (wouldn't dare complain about how long it takes, I'm only on day 12 from my January trip!!)

Claire xx

Another great report Sue, i loved the photos of lights, motors, action. Awaiting the next report. Thanx for cheering me up!

Audrey

Thanks again enjoyed your report and photos :goodvibes
Hurry up no 7 :wizard:

BTW
we love the coffee shop in MGM as well :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter