• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida/South Christmas Break 2011??

tylerbug

Mouseketeer
Was wondering what the Christmas Break is for the kids in FLorida and in the Southern states.....ours in the Michigan is very strange...December 22 thru January 9th.....just wondering if I might hit those days in January with the other kids back in school...

We are in Texas (a big state with a lot of kids!) and the break starts on 12/19. The kids go back to school on 1/3. My guess is that most school districts are the same. I think you will be okay going later in January. Unfortunately, free food doesn't start until 1/8.

Ours is from December 26 - Jan 6th in southeast Michigan. :confused:

Metro Atlanta - 7 hours from the mouse, and over 100,000 kids in our school disrict. Our Christmas break starts December 23rd, and ends January 10th. We will be at Disney until January 9th, and we are expecting it to be pretty busy.

Was wondering what the Christmas Break is for the kids in FLorida and in the Southern states.....ours in the Michigan is very strange...December 22 thru January 9th.....just wondering if I might hit those days in January with the other kids back in school...
Here in Northern VA it's only December 23 - January 2.

I'm in Florida, and my kid's winter break runs Dec. 19-30, back to school on January 2.

We are in GA. Our last day is December 17, and our first day is Jan 4, so that makes our break Dec 18 - Jan 3.

My DH would love it if we had until Jan 9 - that way he could run the Marathon!

I am in Ohio and our break is 12/22 until 1/2.

South of cvjw about an hour and our break is about identical. They go back to school for like three or four days then have a three day weekend for MLK :confused:

I'm in Alabama and our break is Dec. 21 ~ Jan 4.

we were there January 1-8 this year and it really wasn't bad, crowd wise. Maybe because I had really prepared myself for the worst? I saw bigger crowds than our previous trips (end of jan), but the first week was do-able. Around the 3rd crowds really dropped, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes or so (we made sure to utilize FPs). AND we got to see the Christmas parade, Osborne lights, the castle lit up, and all the decorations.

We are in Texas (a big state with a lot of kids!) and the break starts on 12/19. The kids go back to school on 1/3. My guess is that most school districts are the same. I think you will be okay going later in January. Unfortunately, free food doesn't start until 1/8.

Those are the exact dates for schools here in Charleston, SC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter