Florida Schools 2013-2014 start date??????

Geooo

Earning My Ears
Do almost all Florida schools start their 2013-2014 school year on August 19, 2013? Just thinking maybe just maybe my plans of hitting the Disney parks on the 21st-24th might just work out OK, crowd wise.

My plans were orginally during the very last week of August, but our school board changed our calendar after around 4 years of the exact same calendar, so it changed my plans up.

Do almost all Florida schools start their 2013-2014 school year on August 19, 2013?

That's a good assumption.

Orlando
Miami-Dade
Jacksonville
Tallahassee

All those public schools start Aug. 19, 2013.

At least wait for the calendar to be published before making your plans. There could be a difference from years past.

Florida's schools are back on Monday the 19th and according to the crowd calendar that I use, the crowds almost cut in half that week compared to the week before. I'm actually heading to Florida on the 14th and trying to convince myself to wait till the following week to hit the Disney Parks.....I think my two DDs might have something to say about that!

At least wait for the calendar to be published before making your plans. There could be a difference from years past.

Most 2013-2014 Florida school-year calendars ARE already out.

They were posted for every city that I chose to check.

Brevard county is not out yet but I asked a School Board member on Monday and he told me it is expected for teachers to report back on August 7th. Kids would go back the next week.

What is the end date for FL schools? May...June...anyone know the dates?

We took the last 2 weeks of aug every year.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Just look on the school calendars.
They are found by googling for the city and "public schools."

Sarasota schools go back on the 19th too.

Last year we did what you are planning...we went to Disney the day after schools went back. And it was fantastic! It's not just FL schools that go back that early I think...a lot of the schools in the south do.

State Law states that schools may not open more than two weeks prior to Labor Day. So this year August 19th is the earliest any schools can open.

Prior to the law going into effect, opening dates were creeping and in the county where I live they were getting into late July.

I wasn't sure if you were requesting 2013 or 2014 dates. But for Sarasota County:
2013-May 31st
2014-June 2nd

I used to really like the Florida school schedule as it would get out in late May but our county has been creeping back into early June most years. I think we used to start as early as August 8-10th. That was nice.

We live in Northern NJ. Our children first day of school is Sept. 9th:confused3.

Didn't even want to look to see when we will be getting out in June.

I wasn't sure if you were requesting 2013 or 2014 dates. But for Sarasota County:
2013-May 31st
2014-June 2nd

I used to really like the Florida school schedule as it would get out in late May but our county has been creeping back into early June most years. I think we used to start as early as August 8-10th. That was nice.

I was looking at 2014. Thanks! We are planning on going in early June 2014. We dont get out till the 11th, but we will pull the kids out and go down on the 7th I believe.

I would love to get out in May. Our kids used to be in private school and they got out before Memorial Day. Now that they are in public...they go a couple of weeks into June:furious:

Robo said:
That's a good assumption.

Orlando
Miami-Dade
Jacksonville
Tallahassee

All those public schools start Aug. 19, 2013.

Broward is usually on the same calendar as Dade. They will be back August 19 also.

Last day in 2013 in both counties is June 6.

Someone better tell Lee county they are breaking the law....:rotfl2:
We live in SW FL and my kids start back Aug 8th!

cammie810 said:
Someone better tell Lee county they are breaking the law....:rotfl2:
We live in SW FL and my kids start back Aug 8th!

We have the same rule/law? here...the school system had to apply for a variance or something to be able to open school early next year, August 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter