• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida residents unite!

O I love the Olive Garden :lovestruc but always forget to use my AAA discount. :lmao:

What there is a discount for AAA? I've gone many times and didn't know that. Whats my recourse in the matter. :confused3

Where is an Olive Garden fans forum? I need to vent.

That's a good point- I wouldn't be caught dead at any of the parks during the most crowded times of the year anyways, so I don't think I would have been affected by this change...you may find this to be true of many FL residents...

Unrelated to your post, but I must say I find the anger from non-residents slightly amusing...

I can almost understand it. These are people who save for years to do a Disney trip, and they get no discounts. I can go on a whim for the cost of a tank of gas since I have a seasonal pass that I pay a whopping 17 dollars a month for. I can completely understand the anger of these people paying thousands of dollars when I complain to them that I may have to skip a Mickey Bar to pay for the ticket increase.

And not only do I not have to pay plane tickets or rent a car, I usually get 30-40% off rooms. I get 10% off all my purchases, and up to 20% off at restaurants. Just because I live here. So, I get it.

It's basically just rubbing it in. Sure, some have overreacted....but that's a different story....

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just can't wrap my head around people being angry that they aren't getting enough of a discount.... :confused3

It's like being mad that I once had a coupon for 35% off my meal at Olive Garden but now I only have a 20% off coupon. Should I write a letter because I'm being robbed of the additional 15%?

And cyb, you posted on a discussion board where I am also a member. So I'm free to comment as I see fit.

The part I'm most annoyed with is their elimination of the non expiration option, the price on those tickets are more than the play 3 or 4 day tickets, but you don't have to use them up within 6 months. I usually make 1 or 2 day trips once a year so that is why I purchase those types tickets. I don't understand why I'm being so picked apart for my views

I can almost understand it. These are people who save for years to do a Disney trip, and they get no discounts. I can go on a whim for the cost of a tank of gas since I have a seasonal pass that I pay a whopping 17 dollars a month for. I can completely understand the anger of these people paying thousands of dollars when I complain to them that I may have to skip a Mickey Bar to pay for the ticket increase.

And not only do I not have to pay plane tickets or rent a car, I usually get 30-40% off rooms. I get 10% off all my purchases, and up to 20% off at restaurants. Just because I live here. So, I get it.

It's basically just rubbing it in. Sure, some have overreacted....but that's a different story....

Yes, I guess I understand as well, but it is what it is...You don't live here, you don't get the discounts. :confused3

ETA: and I guess the argument will cycle back around to not getting any sympathy from non-residents, but again, I don't think that was the OP's intention with this post. So silly!

What there is a discount for AAA? I've gone many times and didn't know that. Whats my recourse in the matter. :confused3

We CAN use it because it is on our European AAA card. They have different discounts than the American AAA. Me,dumbo ,always remember this when we are back home. :lmao:

Let's start a thread SCREWED OUT OF DISCOUNTS - OLIVE GARDEN FANS UNITE!

Honestly, it does bother me when people, ANYONE, feels they are entitled to anything.

It also bothers me when people tell me (or anyone else) that they should apologize to someone. If I'm sorry, I'll say it. If I'm not, I won't. I've never been afraid to apologize when the situation warrants it.

In case anyone's wondering, I don't think a debate (even one that is as hot as this one) warrants an apology. IMHO, there is a big difference between complaining and whining and many of these posts are full of the latter.

I completely agree; I for one don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I am very greatful for what discounts they do give to us Florida residents. They are not required to give us a discount at all. I am just greatful for what get...there may come a time in the future where there is no such thing as a Florida resident discount at all.

As you can see, I am a SC resident and do not qualify for resident rates. I have used the Southern CA discount when I lived near DLR. Many forms of entertainment never have the discounts that Disney has allowed. Be grateful for what you DO have. I am unhappy with all the changes, both for the general public and for the FL residents. Disney is getting way out of line for many people. And I make many trips to Orlando, both staying at WDW and off-site.

I do find it interesting that this thread is against the price increases for the FL resident tickets/passes and the other threads on the boards about the increases (non resident)are ok with the price increases. So if you are a FL resident, you are more likely to be angry about the price increases than a non resident? Or is this just faulty reasoning?

Now things are getting downright confusing... I never said that the other parks were boring, I was quoting what YOU said. I also never said that "no one is forcing you to go to Disney."

Oh and I didn't say you were insane either. I said the argument that you posted was insane... This is the section of your post that I was referring to...

"On the other hand, SeaWorld is a boring one-day trip but something I'll definitely consider. Not to mention, I have heard in the next several years, Legoland will be moving to that $89 a day pricing structure due to its popularity. Disney "controls" its best competitor, Universal, because when WDW raises prices UOR does, too. It's the equivalent of a monopoly.

Not to mention, I have too kids who really want to go and no vacation can compare to WDW, apparently.

Also, in many respects, it IS an issue of "entitlement" (as some DISers call it). "

Perhaps, you misunderstood (I'll admit; it is a bit confusing). Yes, I called SeaWorld "boring" but I really enjoy UOR and Legoland, but, as stated, Disney is indirectly controlling their prices. This issue, by the way, is not limited to Disney.

I think, though, that people have picked sides and there really is no way that arguing and calling each other names. Perhaps, we AGREE:hippie: to disagree, and just settle our "differences" in opinion.

Although I don't believe I posted any, I want to apologize for any offensive remarks. This was not my intention, for I just wanted to express my opinion publicly. I didn't sign up for the rest, though.

P.S. Not asking anyone to apologize or be sympathetic, just wanted to, again, "vent" or "express my opinion."

ETA (not directed towards any particular poster or side): Why don't you all quit the name calling, insults, and mockery and make a real argument with relevant fact. Although it is clearly sarcasm, comparing the minority's opinion to a discount at Olive Garden or telling someone to stay away from the parks is very rude and is not what should occur on the "friendliest" online Disney forum. I have dealt with many hardship throughout my life and had extreme bullying as a child about my prosthetic eye. You can call me a sensitive guy, because I am, but I really am ashamed of all these "adults" acting like (previously suggested) two year olds. Come on people!

The park I'm most annoyed with is their elimination of the non expiration option, the price on those tickets are more than the play 3 or 4 day tickets, but you don't have to use them up within 6 months. I usually make 1 or 2 day trips once a year so that is why I purchase those types tickets. I don't understand why I'm being so picked apart for my views

I can definitely understand being annoyed with the elimination of certain options. I think, for me anyway, the "discourse" started because it seemed you were saying that you were being screwed out of something you were "owed".

As you can see, I am a SC resident and do not qualify for resident rates. I have used the Southern CA discount when I lived near DLR. Many forms of entertainment never have the discounts that Disney has allowed. Be grateful for what you DO have. I am unhappy with all the changes, both for the general public and for the FL residents. Disney is getting way out of line for many people. And I make many trips to Orlando, both staying at WDW and off-site.

I'll agree with you there! I think it's rough that the prices have continued to soar and many people are being priced out completely.

I tend to scrimp and save and do without some "extras" in order to afford my trips. I wish that everyone were able to cut out some "extras" in their budgets to make the trip... The sad reality is that many people don't have enough money to cover their day to day necessities.

But when you find a way to "justify" everything Disney does, you are, in essence, suggesting that there is nothing they can do to upset you (except close it). Therefore, they are, in essence, saying "Disney can do no wrong."

Its not justifying its explaining, You are the one that is calling it justifying and then labeling everyone who doesn't agree with you Disney Fanboys.

Yes there are people on these boards that are in the Disney can do no wrong ever camp , but I'm not really seeing it here. Any Fanboy like posts are directed at you calling them fanboys. (I wish I could say that better, maybe some fanboys will help me out. :goodvibes)

Its not justifying its explaining, You are the one that is calling it justifying and then labeling everyone how don't agree with you Disney Fanboys.

Yes there are people on these boards that are in the Disney can do no wrong ever camp , but I'm not really seeing it here. Any Fanboy like posts are directed at you calling them fanboy. (I wish I could say that better, maybe some fanboys will help me out. :goodvibes)

Listen. I'm not going to argue, and did not mean it in a way to label the opposing side. I just suggested that there are some (not necessarily in this thread) who are, as you said, Disney Fanboys, and there is NOTHING wrong with that. That's your thing! I suggest you all read my previous post before post ing again, as I am done arguing.

I'm a Florida resident. We expect the rates to go up. Everything is going up. At the end of the day Disney is a business. It's not that they don't want FL residents in the park, it's that they want more money. People will either pay the higher prices or not go. They don't care, someone else will come.

I also do not spend much money when we go. We usually go for a day and eat before and after. Never stayed onsite. When we go in August it will be the first time staying onsite, doing a character meal, etc. This is because we have kids now so when we do go now I'm sure we'll be spending a lot more than as we did in the past.

I hope Disney is raising their employees' salaries at least as much as they raise the tickets. As a non-resident, OP wasn't asking for your sympathy.

Frankly, their post was more mature and reasonable than yours.

It was also nicer.

Thanks for having my back Kaligal! About the subject of Disney employees, I have an inlaw that has worked for Disney for 30 years and they aren't showing him any love, I don't know the details because I'm not going to pry into their business but, lets just say he's not happy about the new changes to the Disney golf course employees as they were recently turned over to Arnold Palmer

I'm a Florida resident. We expect the rates to go up. Everything is going up. At the end of the day Disney is a business. It's not that they don't want FL residents in the park, it's that they want more money. People will either pay the higher prices or not go. They don't care, someone else will come.

I also do not spend much money when we go. We usually go for a day and eat before and after. Never stayed onsite. When we go in August it will be the first time staying onsite, doing a character meal, etc. This is because we have kids now so when we do go now I'm sure we'll be spending a lot more than as we did in the past.

I absolutely expect prices to go up I just don't like that they took away our non expiration ticket option.

I want to just reiterate what I previously said, so bare with me for a moment!

If I said something that you perceived as offensive in ANY way, I truly apologize for it.

That being said, I think some of you (myself included) have said things that others have perceived as offensive not on purpose but to defend your opinion and, in some circumstances, a brief apology may be in order but that is up to you (not me) to decide.

The bottom line, to me, is that some support or are not bothered by the decrease in discount, while other are. Some even fall in the middle. It doesn't appear that anyone is going to have a "change of heart" so, perhaps, we all agree to disagree and quit the name-calling and mockery.

Let's ALL face facts. Disney has hit EVERYONE'S pocketbook. They have raised everyone's ticket prices, have dropped giving discounts out for rooms (used to give 40% before and more often), have raised food prices, parking, and resort room prices. The reason they can do all of this is because, there attendance is up and doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon. It's supply and demand and disney is a BUSINESS.

But you posted it on a board where the majority of people are not FL residents so keep that asbestos underwear on. :thumbsup2

Exactly. I would start a thread about all the discounts Ohio residents get, but guess what?

We don't get any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter