Florida resident tickets

Well I think Cheshire did a GREAT job clarifying the exact details!!!! thank you Cheshire!!!
but the way many of you posted, it sounds like the cms are going to be asking for your FL photo id when you go thru the turnstiles using a FL resident ticket and that's just not the case....you only have to prove eligibility when you initially purchase. :)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Well, actually they could still ask for a Fl. ID at the turnstile if, for example ,when they do the finger scan your ticket is rejected which sometimes happens if you use a different finger to scan or just a glitch in the system.

Well, actually they could still ask for a Fl. ID at the turnstile if, for example ,when they do the finger scan your ticket is rejected which sometimes happens if you use a different finger to scan or just a glitch in the system.

No they just ask for an ID - the out of state ID will still work because it is an ID that you can use to get the FL AP. I used my IL license and my home (FL) insurance policy to get my FL AP and I sure don't carry that around to the parks with me. The names just have to match up; not all the qualifications at the turnstyles AFTER you have the AP activated.

Liz

Traveliz said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RabFlmom

No they just ask for an ID - the out of state ID will still work because it is an ID that you can use to get the FL AP. I used my IL license and my home (FL) insurance policy to get my FL AP and I sure don't carry that around to the parks with me. The names just have to match up; not all the qualifications at the turnstyles AFTER you have the AP activated.

Liz

This was my point exactly in my post the other day!! :)
But I will say in 100% honesty when we were with family that had a FL pass, one of them kept having a problem with their finger scan working. I witnessed 3, YES 3, different CMs at various parks reset the scanner and NOT ONE asked for ID!! I know they can, but I have yet to witness it. :)

You do not have to show a FL ID to purchase resident passes (although it's easier). They will accept either FL FL or FL ID or 2 other forms of proof of residency including (but not limited to) vehicle registration, utility/bank/insurance bill with FL address on it.

I know this because my wife still hasn't gotten her FL DL (don't ask, it annoys me!) and we just bought tickets about 2 weeks ago. We showed a vehicle registration (with her name and our FL address) on it as well as a bank statement (first page was good enough, I blacked out the numbers and they were fine with it).

They do NOT check ID for children (obviously) but will also print their name on the pass.

My experience has been that you only need one form of proof of residency plus an ID with your photo on it. So I could have my Bank Statement with my FL address and my Drivers License from another state.

My experience has been that you only need one form of proof of residency plus an ID with your photo on it. So I could have my Bank Statement with my FL address and my Drivers License from another state.

I agree - I have always only used my IL ID and my FL home insurance policy.

Liz

how much money do FL residents even save to try and go through all this????

I am a FL resident and I think we get great deals on tickets. They just ended a 3 day for $99 promotion that we took advantage of. It is also not a big deal or a lot to deal with. As FL residents we just show our FL ID when we buy the tickets - easy peasy! Greatly discounted Orlando vacations are one of the perks of being a Floridian IMO. We also get hotel discounts.

yes but you trade that voucher in ONE time...and WHERE??? at a ticket window or at a turnstile? Me personally, I don't consider it "USE" unless it's at the turnstile. And I do believe I've seen the actual verbage that you EXCHANGE your voucher for your park ticket on the website....but i could be wrong. :)

IT really isn't all that difficult to figure out....you either qualify, or you don't. Anyone can buy a FL resident AP voucher...but they are going to have to prove they are entitled to it when they go to get it exchanged for an actual park pass. And yes, they can ask for ID at other times...some have said they haven't seen it happen..I have.

I am a FL resident and I think we get great deals on tickets. They just ended a 3 day for $99 promotion that we took advantage of. It is also not a big deal or a lot to deal with. As FL residents we just show our FL ID when we buy the tickets - easy peasy! Greatly discounted Orlando vacations are one of the perks of being a Floridian IMO. We also get hotel discounts.
Since there are multiple types of FL resident APs, there are passes that will save a ton of money!! I know that my ds just bought some that have a lot of black out dates as well as lack of free parking. They figured that they didn't want to go on the black out dates any way...and the amount they paid to park was still cheaper than other AP passes they could have bought. It was certainly more than 'pennies' that they saved.

I know what I save when I buy an AP through my DVC membership..it's certainly a nice amount saved. Resident APs can be the same..or pretty close.

This was my point exactly in my post the other day!! :)
But I will say in 100% honesty when we were with family that had a FL pass, one of them kept having a problem with their finger scan working. I witnessed 3, YES 3, different CMs at various parks reset the scanner and NOT ONE asked for ID!! I know they can, but I have yet to witness it. :)

Sometimes they let you through. They've been doing this a lot more in the last year or so than in the past. But then you have to get one of those FP cards because it won't work in the FP machines.

Sometimes they require you to go to Guest Services for an AP that works. Guest Services requires ID to replace it, though I don't know (and kind of doubt) that they require proof of residency for replacements. But they will require ID.

I've had to replace a lot of APs. Can you tell?

IT really isn't all that difficult to figure out....you either qualify, or you don't. Anyone can buy a FL resident AP voucher...but they are going to have to prove they are entitled to it when they go to get it exchanged for an actual park pass. And yes, they can ask for ID at other times...some have said they haven't seen it happen..I have.

Since there are multiple types of FL resident APs, there are passes that will save a ton of money!! I know that my ds just bought some that have a lot of black out dates as well as lack of free parking. They figured that they didn't want to go on the black out dates any way...and the amount they paid to park was still cheaper than other AP passes they could have bought. It was certainly more than 'pennies' that they saved.

I know what I save when I buy an AP through my DVC membership..it's certainly a nice amount saved. Resident APs can be the same..or pretty close.

Exactly! It's definitely more than "pennies". We had FL resident APs a few years ago that cost about $220 each. They had blackout dates, but we would avoid those dates anyway. It was a great deal. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter