Florida resident ticket?

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
My Mom is treating a huge bunch of us to Disney. Her TA has told her that she can buy all Grandkids Florida resident rate tickets(those under 18) there will be 10 of those.

I have never heard of that. Is that even possible?
Being very Disney OCD having someone else plan my trip is stressing me out but I’ll get over it - just trying to get some info that sounds sketchy to me.

1. Now will she have to be with them every time we go to the parks?
2. And they say children is that under 18 or Disney children under 9?

3. And can I upgrade those tickets to park hop?
1. Not after the first time.
2. Under 18.
3. Yes. But, why not just buy the kind of ticket that you want in the first place?

Thanks Robo! I’m excited. Free trip!

And they say children is that under 18 or Disney children under 9?
The reasoning for this for guests under 18 age being able to utilize the Florida resident tickets is that anyone under the age of 18 is not required to show a valid ID. In the case of Florida residents, 18 or older would need to provide a valid ID from Florida.

This is why your mom needs to be with them for the initial use "activation", after this initial use your mom does not need to be present.

Dave

The reasoning for this for guests under 18 age being able to utilize the Florida resident tickets is that anyone under the age of 18 is not required to show a valid ID. In the case of Florida residents, 18 or older would need to provide a valid ID from Florida.

This is why your mom needs to be with them for the initial use "activation", after this initial use your mom does not need to be present.

Dave
I have a similar question

What if the child isn't a grandchild but rather an 16 years old exchange student staying with family can the FL resident still but a FL ticket for them?
And do they both need to be present to activate the ticket?
If they activate it at Disney Springs together ( or possibly adult only) can the student(s) go into the parks without the Fl resident?

I have a similar question

1. What if the child isn't a grandchild but rather an 16 years old exchange student staying with family can the FL resident still but a FL ticket for them?
2. And do they both need to be present to activate the ticket?
3. If they activate it at Disney Springs together ( or possibly adult only) can the student(s) go into the parks without the Fl resident?

1. That's OK.
2.& 3. The first time they enter a park, they both need to be at the gate.

The whole idea is for the FL resident to be able to visit WDW with a young member of the family or friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter