Florida Resident Seasonal pass versus the new Tickets

Gillyrose779

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked already but I'm swamped at work and don't have time to wait on hold with Disney or search through the boards.

So I purchased the Florida Resident Seasonal passes for my family a few weeks ago online- We purchased a vacation home in FL a couple months ago. We are planning on activating the cards this Nov.

B/c of the new ticket options are we going to have issues with our cards? Also, I have statements to show our new address but no state ID or DL b/c our main home is in IL. I chose to do the monthly payment plan. Am I going to have issues with no FL ID?

Can't answer the question about tickets, but I can speak to the Forida ID/Driver's License. We purchased Florida Resident Passes in August under the same circumstances and we obviously don't have Florida ID's since we live full-time elsewhere. It probably took us five extra minutes to complete the transaction and a manager was called to verify all the paperwork we had, but in the end it was no problem. We explained up front that we own a vacation home and made sure we had quite a few documents (mortgage papers, utility papers, property taxes etc ...) We did not do the payment plan, but I don't think that will make a significant difference!

Enjoy!

I am pretty sure that with the payment plan the AP starts as soon as you make your first payment not when you first go to the park, I know this was not part of your question but just wanted to make sure you knew

Our family is in a similar situation (w/the passes). As I've heard, if they are unactivated, new (not renewal) FL Resident Seasonal Pass certificates, they will automatically process them as Silver passes. Basically, everything is the same (4 park access, hopping, black out dates), BUT now it also includes free parking. So we actually came out on top...

Yep I am seeing here that upon activation they will be processed as Silver passes (IF they have not been previously activated)

Thanks everyone! Part of me is thinking of upgrading 1 to the next level just for the free photo pass. It looks like it is 173 extra so it should pay for itself as long as we go down twice.

No problem with no Fl id, just bring your IL ID and proof of FL residency for EVERY pass holder over 18 :)

First time posting. Not sure if this is the right place. It is now time to renew my seasonal pass due Nov 6. We are going there next week however our next trip will probably be in late January or even February. I would like to take advantage of the no down payment on the renewal however it looks like Nov 6 will remain an anniversary date and I will lose almost three months of use or 25% of the year. When I initially purchased it did not begin until I got there a couple of months later. Will I really lose this much if I renew now and bite the bullet on a big down payment again when I start over?

If you decide to renew with the discounted renewal price, the anniversary date stays the same. in your case, I would not renew for the discount and get a full 12 months out of your pass and purchase new ones when you go in jan/feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter