FLorida resident season/annual pass ?

jmcdonald13

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are planning a trip to Disney world during spring break of this year. My family of 4 has already purchased our 4 day Magic our Way passes, as have several other people traveling with us.

Last minute, my in laws have decided to join us. They are Florida residents and have an annual pass. We are trying to coordinate our tickets to synch up our fastpasses

Here are the questons:

My MIL told me the dates are blacked out for their Florida season pass. Isn't the Annual pass free of blackouts? This leads me to believe they have the seasonal pass for FL resident, not annual....although they insist it is the Annual.

They also insist they need to upgrade their pass to use them for the blackout dates, and the only way they can do this is go to the gate day of. Does this seem correct? Also, according to them they will need to pick fastpasses day of at the park, no sooner. Which means all of our fastpass selections will potentially be for different times.

Does this make sense? Isn't there a way to "upgrade" ahead of time and then synch their tickets to ours via Disney experience prior to the trip?

It's just frustrating that we have been panning this vacation or so long. We have several other family members going with us and we all have our tickets, synched online, etc. My kids are 4 and 6, having things go smoothly is pretty important.

Thanks!

jmcdonald13, 33 minutes ago Edit Report

Ask your in laws if they have free parking. If they actually get free parking then they have regular APs. If they do not get free parking that they either have a Seasonal Annual Pass (why they call it an AP even with blackout dates) or a Seasonal Weekeay Only Annual Pass. All of the year long tickets are APs simply various types- you are using 2 different wordings for tickets. Upgrading them can only be done onsite- they can go over any time they want to upgrade them however (I don't know how far away they live). If they choose to do this they can simply wait or do something else when everyone else goes on each FP ride/show if they can't get 1 that matches- it seems to me that missing 3 rides with the group is not that big a deal- If you do additional ones then they would be able to get them at the same time as you.

Thank you very much for clearing all this up. Makes total sense now. It's my kids first Disney trip and they are young, so I guess I'm being a bit more anal then I should. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter