• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida Resident Proof

kdspark

Earning My Ears
New Here with ?
We are planning to head to WDW Memorial Weekend. Hubby holds a Florida Drivers license,but is in the military. So since we have to move frequently I have changed my license to another state. To get the Florida resident rate(which is better then the military rate) it says you have to show proof of Drivers license or something equivlent. Can I just say I dont have a license and show my military ID and get the discount for me to? Or just him and the kiddos?
TIA
Donna

No it doesnt show an address at all,just our basic rank info and birthdate etc.hair color, eyes, wieght;

Proof of Florida residency per adult is required - you must provide any one of the following:
Florida driver's license
Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
Florida voter's registration card with corresponding
picture ID
A college ID for a Florida college
Florida-based military ID

That is the info I was refering to. Our Military ID does not list residency. But was wondering if Hubby showed his with his FLA. license if I could get away with just showing my military ID. I did use to hold a Fla. License also.
TIA
Donna

HI Donna! This is the same question I was wondering too!

Safetymom--

It doesn't say you have to show your FL license and military id...just a military id. It says any ONE of those will work--so why not just the id?

Anyone else have any ideas about this?

Marlene

I suggest asking on the theme parks board. There is a CM named GoldenOldie that will be able to give you the ins and outs of buying a resident pass.

Hi Marlene!!
As you know our IDs dont show residency. But in the list of ID it shows Florida Based Military ID. Well really there is no such thing. But hubby still has his and is planning to renew it while we are in Fla.
I will try over at Crossroads and ask,there is a thread going on there also about going.
Thanks Safteymom,I will do as you suggest also!!
Donna

Thanks Safetymom for the tip! Dh and I both still have our FL licenses, but at some point I have to get my Alaska license.

Any idea how to find out the blackout dates for Florida residents pass? The other board says there is one,but I cant locate it.

Marlene,
I take it you didnt change your residency to get PFD?
I still have my AK one,and need to get one for SC,but been dragging my feet.

kdspark said:
That is the info I was refering to. Our Military ID does not list residency. But was wondering if Hubby showed his with his FLA. license if I could get away with just showing my military ID. I did use to hold a Fla. License also.
TIA
Donna

I don't think it will work. We are in the same boat as you. We reside in AL but our residency is FL. We both have FL licences though. The only way we have been able to get multiple passes was for everyone in the party to have a FL ID of some sort -- not the military ID.

Kristen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter