Florida Resident Discounted tickets

RugratsMom

Eeyore's Biggest Fan
We are going to be in WDW starting April 2. We are Florida Residents and I am wondering if we can purchase discounted tickets for my in-laws who are not Florida Residents? We are also annual passholders, can I get discounted tickets using the AP? :moped:

Technically, you can't buy Florida Resident passes for anyone not a Florida Resident. I've seen people get their ID checked at the turnstiles, and that could make it a total waste of money because they're allowed to take the ticket away with no refund if you try to defraud them.

Florida resident discount......I knew I wanted to move to Florida now I have a legitimate excuse...cool :cool1:

You have to be a Florida resident to use a Florida Resident ticket, you have to show proof of residency.

RugratsMom said:
We are going to be in WDW starting April 2. We are Florida Residents and I am wondering if we can purchase discounted tickets for my in-laws who are not Florida Residents? We are also annual passholders, can I get discounted tickets using the AP?
You cannot purchase Florida Resident tickets for non-Florida Residents. When you purchase the tickets, you will need to have a valid Florida ID for EACH ticket you are purchasing, and those are the names that go on the tickets. As mentioned, ID may be required at the turnstile, and it must match the name on the ticket, or the ticket will be invalidated and you'll be out the money.

If your in-laws are AAA members, they can get discounted tickets through their local AAA office. There are also discounts available to retired military.

:earsboy:

WDWSearcher is correct. The only people who are not required to show a valid Florida ID are those who are not yet of driving age, and then they must be accompanied by a Florida resident guardian.

I would persue other discount avenues to see if it is possible to get the tickets at a better rate.

I don't think Rugratsmom was intending to cheat. I believe she was asking if Fla residents or AP holders could buy discounted tickets for family that are not residents or AP holders. I thought AP holders could do that at one time but I cannot find it.

Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter