• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida Resident Discount

Weedy

DIS Veteran
If you are a Florida resident and are sailing on the 7 day in February, March or April be sure to check the Disney Cruise Line website some of the cruises have been discounted. Disney changed my reservations with no problem. Also some of the 3 and 4 days in March have been discounted.

Thanks for the info. I know my sister has been watching for some in May or June, but I will ask if she has seen these as well

These discounts are actually pretty shocking.

Even Spring Break/Easter week is included!!!

Yah - they just included spring break week for us in martin county (4/4) and we booked it right away! But, according to my travel agent, that week is selling like hotcakes :) so if you are interested would call soon.

I priced the 4/4 with 2a and 2c (4, 6) and w/o insurance, etc it was $6780.60 - really high to me.

Florida resident for 4/4 is @3200 (no insurance/transport etc) that is 2a 2c in a cat 6. Just booked it on Monday.. (plus our travel agent is giving up $100 credit..)

hmm, put in the FLR code and it reduced it to the price above for an 11, must not be calculating right on the web

I just refreshed and it came up. I know they have been having issues with their website lately.
ETA the 11 is 2260.60, almost what I am paying for a 12 in May.....

I am sailing March 28th and paying a little less than $1900 for a cat. 11 for 3 people. My son is over 12, so the cost is $100 more.

For the 4/4 cruise, for 2 cat 9's, it would have been $10124.50 but with the discount, is $3455.50 - That's a difference of $6,669!

Does anyone know, if the Florida Resident discount can be applicable, if the person rebooked on board...anyone???

Yes. They did the Fl rate for us. BUT we did not get the on board credit of $200 per room or the 10% discount for rebooking on board. But!!! it was still sooooo much cheaper it was worth changing the reservation. We are cruising for ½ of what we originally payed.

For the 4/4 cruise, for 2 cat 9's, it would have been $10124.50 but with the discount, is $3455.50 - That's a difference of $6,669!

That's enough for us to think about what it would be like to move to FL! :thumbsup2

I just called Disney And got the florida res. rate booked it , then called travel agent -transfered it and received their onboard credit . Ok the total inc. taxes for a gty cat 5 or higher $3475.60-with a on board credit of $125.00. I forgot to say there are 4 of us. :cool1:

doesn't include Lake county spring break. 4/10-4/19.

The rates are great but we want to do RCCL FOS next.

FOS was an amazing ship but with that many passengers, getting off & on at the ports was a logistical nightmare. In Cozumel, the line literally ran 3/4 of the way down the pier and it took my son and I over 45 minutes waiting in line to reboard. Tendering was even less pleasant :crazy2:

I have a question, we can't go until June, we can get FL resident or military rates. Should we book the military rate now or wait and see if a FL resident rate comes up? Would they price adjust? Thanks :)

We booked the week before, March 28th, for $2402 for a cat9 for 2A, 2C (4 & 7). We did have a 3-night booked for April with the kids sail free, but we'd MUCH rather go for 7 nights over 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter