Florida Resident Annual Pass Question

blu3d3vil

DIS Veteran
I want to buy Fla Resident Annual Passes but I just moved to Florida and still have a Georgia drivers license. Will I be able to just provide my bank statement with my new address to prove my residency?

Thanks

I want to buy Fla Resident Annual Passes but I just moved to Florida and still have a Georgia drivers license. Will I be able to just provide my bank statement with my new address to prove my residency?

Thanks

Yes and out of state license and a bank statement with your new address will work. You can also use a mortgage statement, insurance statement, or utility bills. Whatever FL proof you use has to be dated within two months.

Liz

Yes and out of state license and a bank statement with your new address will work. You can also use a mortgage statement, insurance statement, or utility bills. Whatever FL proof you use has to be dated within two months.

Liz

Awesome. Thx for the info. I feel much better now because I was worried we wouldn't be able to get them until we got our new licenses.

we are just coming into the same situation..... what if the bills are all in my dhs name? can he buy both our fl resident aps? or should i make sure i have at least utilities or something in my name?

we are just coming into the same situation..... what if the bills are all in my dhs name? can he buy both our fl resident aps? or should i make sure i have at least utilities or something in my name?

NO and GRRR that is the same mistake we made. We bought the condo and I put my husband in charge of setting up the utlities and of course they are now all in his name. He called and had me added but that is just on their end (you don't see it on the bill). If you don't have the utilities set up yet put one of them in your name.

We paid cash for our condo so no mortgage. So I use the insurance policy. I take the whole thing in and my name is on it as well. Last year we got a letter from the Orange County something or other (official) and it had both of our names on it so I took that too and that is what they used.

We want a bank account down there but haven't decided on what bank yet but I guess I will make that a priority before my AP comes up for renewal.

Liz

That's exactly what I did when I got my AP in September-- used a bank statement.

I was bouncing between MA and FL for a few months before moving down here permanently in November and didn't want to be left in the lurch just in case FL confiscated my MA ID. Truth be told, I still don't have my FL ID six months and five trips later, and it's never been a problem when using the AP's discounts and such.

Leota- I am pretty sure both of you would need to provide something, but they make it super easy for you to do so.

Florida Resident Tickets:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each adult ticket purchased, you may provide any of the following:

Valid Florida driver's license
Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
Valid Florida-based military ID
The persons who will use the Florida Resident adult tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick up. If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Monthly mortgage statement
Florida vehicle registration or title
Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
Automobile insurance policy or bill
Utility bill
Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statement
Mail from a Federal, State, County or City government agency
Bills can be no more than two (2) months old. PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not.

These are the official rules:

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
(List of bases removed as unneeded)

As of August 20, 2010, Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
As of August 20, 2010, Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Effective August 20, 2010 Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease are no longer allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter