Florida Resident Annual Pass - Can I get it with a temporary drivers license?

ethanwa

Disney Superfan
We are moving to FL from WA in a few months. We want to get annual passes for the wife and kids ASAP but we want to pay the Florida resident prices.

Is it possible to get the pass with a temporary drivers license while we wait for our permanent ones in the mail?

This is assuming that you don't get your driver's license immediately on the spot.... please correct me if I am wrong FL residents!

Ethan

Granted this was 20 years ago, but when I moved to Tampa and got a FL license I had my new license in hand when I left the DMV.

You do get it when you go to the DMV. You have to give them your old license, so don't expect to keep that.

You do get it when you go to the DMV. You have to give them your old license, so don't expect to keep that.

That is fine. I don't need the old one.

That is great that it's instant! In Washington State we have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive in the mail!

When I established residency in 2009, they allowed me to keep my old license but cut one of the bottom corners off to invalidate it. And you definitely get your permanent license on the spot at the DHSMV :)

Kept my NY license. Never even asked for it.(well they did but when all was said and done the clerk handed it back to me) I still have it

Below is the link to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website showing the documentation needed to obtain a new FL Drivers License or FL Identification Card.

http://www.gathergoget.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter