Florida in October?

Newfiescotian

Mouseketeer
Hi folks:
Just looking to get some feedback on whether October is a good month to visit Florida, in particular Orlando and Tampa? We were thinking about going around the middle of the month for 10 days but don't know what to expect weather wise. I know it's still considered hurricane season but i'm hoping we will have a season like we've had the past couple of years, but of course that's out of our control.
Thanks!

In 04 we were there the 3rd to 13 of November everyday was in the mid 80's

In 06 we were there the 9th to the 19th of November and most days were low 70's.

Go to Underground weather and they will give you the temps for the last 10 years, including precip and winds.

We go in October every year and it is my favorite time to go. High 80's and very little rain. I think it rains less in October than May. I love it. Definitely warm enough to swim. I would still bring a sweatshirt and rain ponchos and you will be all set. Have fun!

We were there last October for 10 nights.

It was fabulous, but it was also one of the hottest October's on record. No complaints though from us... this year was a BIG debate for us whether to go again in October or November. November won for us since we've already done MNSSHP twice now.

I would go again in October, you wouldn't even have to ask me twice. :thumbsup2

We were there from Oct 3 - 11 last year. It was hot and humid with highs in the 30C+ range. They were setting record highs then. We had no rain and hitting the pools and Typhoon Lagoon were definately highlights!

I think it's a wonderful time to go. Bearable weather for the most part! And, as mentioned above, it's the tail end of the hurricane season. The Halloween party at MK is truly special.

We were there from Oct 3 - 11 last year. It was hot and humid with highs in the 30C+ range. They were setting record highs then. We had no rain and hitting the pools and Typhoon Lagoon were definately highlights!

We were there too at that time during FD and we loved the heat and humidity!:thumbsup2

Been there twice the end of October. The most recent trip in 2008 a cold front hit and it was the coldest it had been since 1970 something (this year may have beat that record or tied it). Figures the cold waited for us to arrive and during our very first Disney Cruise!!! :sad2: The cold hit everywhere though, Florida, Jamiaca, Bahamas, so it shows you never know. That said, we were in the pool one day so it did warm up while we were there and as Canadians we are tougher to the weather anyway. We did wear sweat shirts in the evening but we were always in shorts.

We love that time of year, it is quieter crowd wise and the food and wine festival is nice to experience. Going a bit later this year, end of November, and can't wait. I can't even imagine going in high season anymore, I think if/when I ever do that I will suffer shock cause the October crowds have become what I expect.

Book it !!!

Oh and I thought I'd add that I don't recall a drop of rain the entire trip.

We were there as well, it was steamy the pool was busier at 11pm than at 11am.

Hi folks:
Just looking to get some feedback on whether October is a good month to visit Florida, in particular Orlando and Tampa? We were thinking about going around the middle of the month for 10 days but don't know what to expect weather wise. I know it's still considered hurricane season but i'm hoping we will have a season like we've had the past couple of years, but of course that's out of our control.
Thanks!
We've headed down to WDW every May and October since 2003 and can honestly say October is our favorite time of year to visit. In all of those trips, we've only ever encountered a hurricane once (Wilma in 2005), and that was towards the end of our trip (we were scheduled to fly out of Orlando the day before Wilma was scheduled to hit the Keys). The weather in October has consistently been hot (high 80's - some low 90's during the day, low 70's at night) with usually a quick rain shower in the late afternoon/evening.

I love Oct at WDW too :goodvibes I also experienced hurricane Wilma! I couldn't believe how fast the weather changed, and how much cooler it got in just a few hours! I was also at disney during Oct in the the colder 2008 season. It was not cold for the entire trip though, and it was still warmer than at home. Most of my Oct stays have been lovely and warm though, I would not hesitate to go in Oct again...actually I'm going again this Oct :cool1: I'll be doing a 7 day cruise then enjoying a few days in the parks :thumbsup2

I love the Halloween party at MK and the Wine and Food Festival!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter