Floral arranging class at SSR PHOTOS ADDED

twinmom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this? It is on Wed from 2:30 to 3:30. I signed up for it but was wondering what to expect.

Thanks for any help.

My DW DMIL and DD9 did it last year. They enjoyed the experience. Each made their own arrangement with the coaching and tips of a disney expert. We drove so were able to take the arrangements home and enjoy for a while at home. Was good family time for them away from the hustle and bustle at the parks.

Thanks for the info. My boys are going to a Golf Camp at WDW all week so I am finding things to do to keep busy besides going to the parks. We are flying but we will have 5 days there after the class so I guess the arrangement will spruce up our room. Thanks again.

Please let us know what you think about the class. I was looking at it for our upcoming trip. TIA

Would also love to know how it goes. I thought it looked like a fun break from the parks.

I will write a full report when I get back. I will also try and figure out how to post pictures and put those up also. :surfweb::confused3

I have done this class twice (both times in Oct). It is a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from the normal park things. I have no artistic ability and no talent in floral arranging but here is the creation I came back with.

IMG_4191.JPG

Generally the container is seasonally themed as are the flowers. I saw some folks who were leaving SSR after this course in Dec and they had beautiful holiday arrangements.

If you take the water out of the arrangement you may be able to get it on the plane. I have given it to a friend who lives in Orlando and she said the arrangement lasted about 2-3 weeks.

It is $50.00 for non-members. $45 for members. I had to give a credit card number but she said the card is not charged until the class. I also have 48 hours to cancel.

It is $50.00 for non-members. $45 for members. I had to give a credit card number but she said the card is not charged until the class. I also have 48 hours to cancel.

Thank you so much for starting this thread!!:goodvibes The arrangement rtobe made is really pretty and I can't wait to hear about your experience. How cool that your boys are doing golf camp!! I hope you all have a wonderful vacation!!

We were there last month, but were unable to take the class. However, we saw the results of some other members work and they were very nice!! O.P. I would love to hear what your son thinks of the golf camp. My son took a lesson while we were there, but did not attend the camp, I would love for him to in the future.

My twins are very excited about the camp. For the money you can't beat it. The people working there have been great. I am assuming most of the kids would be local but I don't know for sure. I will try to post a trip report but I can't promise. I need to figure out the picture thing but even if I don't I will try. I will let you know about the camp either way.

I did the class the other day and it was great. I would recommend it. You get a very nice arrangement to take home so it is worth the $$. My base of the arrangement was a metal wire chair that had mickey outline where you would rest your head. There was an opening in the base to set the clay pot. We used 5 different kinds of flowers and two different kinds of greenery. The CM gave me lots of great tips on how to select flowers from the store and how to keep the looking good.

I am still at WDW but when I get home I will try to figure out posting picutes.
:surfweb:

Sounds like a great experience. I'm thinking of trying it on our next trip. Please post pics. Thanks!:cool1:

YEA! I got a photobucket acct and here are my pictures. The first one is just the base that I put the flowers in and the second one is the final result.

006_6.jpg

008_8.jpg

now I need to figure out how to rotate and make them smaller :lmao:

Oh, I definitely want to do this with my mom on our upcoming trip!

A couple of questions:

Is the class on specific days, every day, etc.?

Do you have to sign up in advanced or can you just show up that day?

TIA!

I think this would be something my DD age 12 and I could do together. I also would like to know do you sign up with the regular tour people or do you do it at the resort.

The class is every Wed from 2:30 - 3:30. I was the only one in class that day but I guess they take up to 6. If I remember correctly I called the dining people and they did the ressie for me. I was on the phone for 45 minutes. I think it was the first time the guy had ever signed someone up. Maybe it might be better to call DVC and do it thru them. You can sign up last minute but you take the risk of not getting in. The CM brought 4 of the Mickey chairs in case she had drop ins so it does happen. The chair thing is something they are closing out. She only had 5 of them left. You also need to leave a credit card number when you reserve your spot but they don't charge it. When I got there I paid for it with my room key.

I learned alot about flowers how to select them. She gave a great tip on carnations. If they are kindof closed up just breath on them and warm them up and then you can fluff them up. She also gave tips on how to select roses.

I think it is well worth the money. My arrangement still looked great on Monday when we went home. I was so bogged down with luggage I decided not to try and carry the flowers on the plane.

If you do the class post pictures here. I would love to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter