Flipper's Pizza- YUMMY- Marble Slab Ice Cream YUCKY!!

Ahnberg4

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a quick trip to Florida. We had a pit stop in Orlando and stayed at Comfort INN LBV. While there, we ordered pizza delivery from Flippers- it was awesome. We had a large pepperoni/extra cheese pizza and an order of breadsticks. Their breadsticks are not your ordinary breadsticks, they are literally swimming in butter. The pizza and breadsticks were so good that my 10 year old son at 6 pieces of pizza and 2 breadsticks. My mouth is watering thinking of it. Our total was ~$22.

We also stopped at Marble Slab Creamery. I thought it was horrible. I guess I am used to our Cold Stone Creamery that is neat, uncluttered and the employees actually seem happy to see you. We had ice cream "mixed" with toppings. I use the word mixed lightly. I was really disappointed with the flavor and texture of our ice cream. None of us actually finished our cones, which never happens!!

Just wanted to share our experiences!!

Ahnberg4 said:
We just got back from a quick trip to Florida. We had a pit stop in Orlando and stayed at Comfort INN LBV. While there, we ordered pizza delivery from Flippers- it was awesome. We had a large pepperoni/extra cheese pizza and an order of breadsticks. Their breadsticks are not your ordinary breadsticks, they are literally swimming in butter. The pizza and breadsticks were so good that my 10 year old son at 6 pieces of pizza and 2 breadsticks. My mouth is watering thinking of it. Our total was ~$22.

I have never heard of Flippers. But you just made my mouth water thinking about a good pizza. I am going to search the web and find out where one is for our vacation in November. We are staying at a pool home during part of our stay and I am all into eating out as much as possible. And the prices that you gave sound like a great deal. Thanks for sharing. :dance3:

If you are staying in the Formosa Gardens area they deliver. They deliver to EI any way. It was the one in old town.

Flippers is the best chain pizza in Florida, hands down.

I'm guessing you went to the Marble Slab in Crossroads? The owners can be a little...testy. And the shop is a little grungy, like a lot of things in Crossroads these days. But some of the other Marble Slabs around town are much better.

We always get a pizza from Flipper's one nite during our stay. We go to the one at Old Town. I usually pick it up and bring it back to the condo.

We have really great pizza back home-- and we almost never get it while traveling because it doesn't compare. Anyhow, we do like Flippers a lot too. We almost always get them once while down there.

Because I am "challenged" when it comes to the Orlando area maybe one of you can help. I am staying at the Esprit Community. I have no idea where it is. We are going the week of Thanksgiving but dont want to do Disney until after the weekend. So the week of Thanksgiving we are staying at this home. http://www.poloparkfloridavilla.com/index.htm I hope that it is ok to post that and if not let me know. I reserved this after reading reviews from sammi on these boards. But to be truthful I havent figured out exactly where it is. So for any of you who know. Is there a Flippers even remotely close?

Thank you.

Doodlebug939 said:
I am staying at the Esprit Community. I have no idea where it is.
I believe that is on 192 west of Disney and past US 27, so quite a way from the Flipper's at Old Town which is on 192 east of Disney, probably about 8-10 miles. I don't know if they have a location closer to where you will be. You could just head to Flipper's when you leave Disney property, but you'll probably want to eat there rather than take it back to the house.

Hi Kimberly! :wave2:

The villa is right down the West 192 as far as you can go and then you head right up onto 27 and stay right to the first stoplight and then left again and you'll see the home right behind the service station and Subway on the corner. We found it without a problem. :thumbsup2

Also there is a great pizza place (I can't remember if it's Flippers or not) on your right in a small plaza, just before you head up onto the 27 that's really good too (and we're really picky about pizza!) :goodvibes. Matthew (the owner) has all kinds of flyers with menus etc laying on his kitchen counter in the villa too so you'll be able to check out all of his restaurant picks. :teeth:

Hope you have a great time! :sunny:

Thank you for the location. I printed off a map that was posted on another thread. But I am printing out your directions to take along. My husband and I are so excited to go there and relax. We want to let the kids play in the pool and enjoy some real family time. And the owner has been super sweet with us. I think I might order one of those Floriday/Orlando maps from AAA. So I can get a handle on where to go.

But Flippers sounds like someplace great to go after a day at the water parks. We have all these pluses left and so I figure we might as well go and relax while the kids play. And OOOwwweee Gooowwweee Pizza sounds like it would hit the spot.

sammi said:
Hi Kimberly! :wave2:

The villa is right down the West 192 as far as you can go and then you head right up onto 27 and stay right to the first stoplight and then left again and you'll see the home right behind the service station and Subway on the corner. We found it without a problem. :thumbsup2

Also there is a great pizza place (I can't remember if it's Flippers or not) on your right in a small plaza, just before you head up onto the 27 that's really good too (and we're really picky about pizza!) :goodvibes. Matthew (the owner) has all kinds of flyers with menus etc laying on his kitchen counter in the villa too so you'll be able to check out all of his restaurant picks. :teeth:

Hope you have a great time! :sunny:

I find Flippers a crap shoot. You know we had gone there a couple of times and it was awesome. Last time is was only okay. As pizza goes in Fla it is good. Do not go to Giordanos. I have given them at least three chances b/c people rave about it and in my book three strikes and you are out!

Bella the Ball 360 said:
Do not go to Giordanos. I have given them at least three chances b/c people rave about it and in my book three strikes and you are out!
I agree. I find that people who rave about Giordanos pizza generally come from places not known for their good pizza.

disneysteve said:
I agree. I find that people who rave about Giordanos pizza generally come from places not known for their good pizza.

You are so right. I come from MA you come from NJ so we are pretty good judges of pizza. Some areas of the country have NO idea what real pizza is! :rotfl:

It's all in the preference. We prefer Chicago style over New York style. A Chicago style pizza is gone within 30 minutes while travelling, New York style is usually thrown out. We find Giordorno's in Orlando to be pretty good, although pricey. Our first trip to NYC is coming this week-we'll give it a try there at a local place.

Now as for pizza in Kentucky-there's much to be desired. Will someone please move here and open a pizza shop??

kydisneyfans said:
Our first trip to NYC is coming this week-we'll give it a try there at a local place.
We enjoy Teatro Pizza at Broadway and 7th. Actual address is 210 W. 44th St.

It is funny to see how pizza is so regional. We are in NY- but a suburb of Buffalo. Our pizza is nothing like it is in NYC- and I couldn't stand the NYC pizza when we tried it on 1 of our trips. I also don't like Pizza Hut pizza. Ours is just different from any of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter