Flipbelt to avoid Bag check line

Dismomalita

Earning My Ears
Would this work? With magic bands, I only need a place to stash my phone and none of my shorts have pockets. If I wear this under a shirt will it work?

I'd even go as far as probably...they're marketed to avoid pick-pocketing, right? So I doubt they'd ever have caught on in the first place if they were easy for onlookers to spot ;)

I'd even go as far as probably...they're marketed to avoid pick-pocketing, right? So I doubt they'd ever have caught on in the first place if they were easy for onlookers to spot ;)

If they're what I'm thinking of, they're actually running belts. I think they'd work ok under a baggy shirt, but may be too bulky under a tighter one. I think TubeBelt makes a thinner fabric one that might work better.

That's a good idea. My shorts don't have pockets big enough for my iPhone, and a flipbelt would be perfect for my phone, ID, and back up credit card.

We were at WDW last week and was at all the parks by 8:30 am and went through security within 5 minutes. They were thorough but very quick. When were were there on Saturday around 11 am, there were long line for the security check but because of large crowds, security were less thorough and was able to get in within 10 minutes. After reading about all the horror stories here at security check I really was expecting the worst but was really surprised how quickly we were through the security.

It should be fine.. worse case they will ask you to get the full check(which is empty pockets, walk through detector) or go into the bag line

I looked the brand up on Amazon, it wasn't exactly what I was thinking of but I think it's even more likely to get past - looks way more clothing like than the magnetic flip-pouch I've seen around that are similar

I looked the brand up on Amazon, it wasn't exactly what I was thinking of but I think it's even more likely to get past - looks way more clothing like than the magnetic flip-pouch I've seen around that are similar

I agree. I think, as long as it's not too full and bulky, it would just look like a layered top.

Consider buying a pair or two of cargo pants. I tote a large cell phone, a digital video camera and a reserve battery for it as well as a money clip, no bag, no problem.

Bill From PA

I tend to wear sun dresses in the hotter months, thus no pockets. I plan on trying this one out http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0150UZO28?psc=1, I can carry my phone through security in my hand so no bumps or bulges and then just slip it in the pocket once through. I also plan on buying a small mesh type bag to put a rain coat in (I have one similar to what the CMs wear) which I will also carry in my hand through security and tuck the mesh bag into the phone pocket. After security I'll put the rain jacket in the bag, clip it onto the key ring holder and sort of slip it under the belt. There if I need it, not in the way if I don't.

I haven't been since they installed the metal detectors. Am I understanding correctly that if your phone & camera are in plain view (i.e. in your hand or hanging around your neck) you can go through the no-bags line with them? And cash/credit card/ID can go into your pocket?

I tend to wear sun dresses in the hotter months, thus no pockets. I plan on trying this one out http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0150UZO28?psc=1, I can carry my phone through security in my hand so no bumps or bulges and then just slip it in the pocket once through. I also plan on buying a small mesh type bag to put a rain coat in (I have one similar to what the CMs wear) which I will also carry in my hand through security and tuck the mesh bag into the phone pocket. After security I'll put the rain jacket in the bag, clip it onto the key ring holder and sort of slip it under the belt. There if I need it, not in the way if I don't.

Is that going to go *over* your sundress? I can't quite picture that. And I have a "The Tube" belt (and a flipbelt) for running.

I assume you wear some sort of tight shorts under, to prevent chafing. If so, get some with a pocket or two! Sweet Spot Skirts has running shorts with a pocket, and Sparkle Skirts sells running shorts with TWO pockets.

OR find a seamstress and have her put pockets into your sundresses!

I used a Running Buddy for our early Dec trip and had no problem with using the no bag line. It was great. The metal detectors went in the week after we were there, so I don't have experience with them. Our next trip is in June and I'm not sure if it will be as easy this time. I really like the convenience of not worrying about a bag and I think my Running Buddy is more comfortable than a bag, especially in the hot weather, so I'm going to just be prepared to take it off and go through the bag line if necessary.

I wear a flip belt because my running shorts don't have pockets. I have an iPhone 6 and you can't tell I have it on at all. I will, however, carry my phone through the no bag line and put it in my flip belt later. I also have a little wallet thing that I will put in my flip belt. If I wear shorts with a pocket, I will skip the flip belt. It's not about hiding what I have, but about having somewhere to put my phone.

I really like that this looks just like another layered shirt. If you get this please post if it is worth purchasing or not. The reviews were mixed. TIA.

Would this work? With magic bands, I only need a place to stash my phone and none of my shorts have pockets. If I wear this under a shirt will it work?
I make hubs wear his cargo pants and he hold my phone for rides. But I would suggest getting a new pair of shorts. One that can hold anything you don't want to.

They are kind of pricy but athleta makes great skorts with large pockets! They come in all sizes (regular, tall, plus). They are really comfy and a quick dry, wicking material. Mom and I each bought one for our trip the first of this month and fell in love. We are ordering more for future trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter