flip video

dup27

looking for fun
Is there a place we can go to empty our fip video ? We could bring our laptop but it's just something else to lug.
:coffee:

Somebody else asked this a couple weeks or so ago. The closest thing I found (and I linked it in the thread) was something Memorex made that would handle the connection between something like the flip and a USB hard drive. It doesn't appear to be foolproof, though.

The lack of any kind of media card reader on the Flip strikes me as an astonishingly huge oversight. Sure, many may just take along a small notebook PC, but SD cards are far more convenient.

Even memory cards slipped out of regular digital still cameras need a computer (or a specialized* hard drive with the smarts) to pro-actively extract the contents.

* A company that makes some of these cigarette pack sized devices is Wolverine, no relationship to a sheet metal toy maker of half a century ago.

Even memory cards slipped out of regular digital still cameras need a computer (or a specialized* hard drive with the smarts) to pro-actively extract the contents.

* A company that makes some of these cigarette pack sized devices is Wolverine, no relationship to a sheet metal toy maker of half a century ago.

Yup. But you don't have to extract the contents on the spot. You can just swap them out and deal with them when you get home.

You could find a "copy shop" like Kinko's. At least as of mid-2005 there was one not far from Goodings Market. Past Downtown Disney, out Hotel Plaza Blvd, left onto Rte. 535 (Goodings was straight ahead), straight through next light and turn into a plaza half a block further on the right. There (hopefully still) is a nice inexpensive buffet restaurant there too for those not on the dining plan.

If you are well versed emptying the Flip into your own PC and also burning DVD's, it shouldn't take that much pay by the minute practice to burn a DVD using one of their computers. You will need to bring any supporting or driver software the Flip came with.

I would be more confident burning two DVD copies before erasing/reusing the built in memory.

I think it would be worth a call to the camera center at Epcot, or to the photopass kiosk at Grand Floridian. Both of those places have pretty advanced computer systems. Since you don't need any software other than what is on the flip, they might be willing to dump the video onto a dvd for you at some price.

I remember about 9 or 10 years ago when everyone started taking digital cameras to the Mouse, they were set up to offer a download service pretty early in the game. You know Disney, always willing to make $$ ;)

If you do calll, let us know what you find out! DD takes her flip everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter