Flip Flops :o)

If it has a strap in the, back, does it still count as a flip-flop? I get so clumsy if I'm wearing something that doesn't move with my heel. I'd probably fall on my face if I tried to do a park in flip-flops, but I've always wanted to. They seem so much more practical from a getting wet standpoint.

My Rainbows have enjoyed 2 trips to WDW.... and my feet felt great all day. I did however just get a new pair of Merrells, Pansy flops. They are really comfortable. If the toes weren't open... I would feel like I could hike in these.

Was just there over the 4th. Brought my Nike flip flops, crocs and another pair of FF. Then only thing I wore, were the Nike FF.

I only wear Nike celso at DW!! my DD wears old navy and my DS wears Nike flip flops too. I wouldnt do it any other way. Too hot for shoes. Except last year I burned the tops of my feet so I will wear sunscreen there this time!

my fav flip flops are made by Reef, the Fanning model, the one with the bottle opener on the bottom. These are the most comfortable shoes I own!

I forgot about Reef! Ususally while I am down there I hit up the surf shop on Citywalk in Universal and buy a pair. One of my faves to wear! :cloud9:

Love flip flops, fit flops are the greatest shoe I have worn to disney, 2 weeks constant wearing and comfort all day! What more could you want?

Love cheapones too but thick sole on Fit flops works best for me :goodvibes

they look cool too x

Even though my BF thinks I'm crazy, I really enjoy wearing flip flops during my stay in WDW. It doesn't matter if I am walking for 3 hours or 6, I find them to be very comfortable Anyone else feel this way and if so what is your favorite kind?

I love OLD NAVY (2 pairs for $5.00 :worship:) because I buy lots of different colors and then bring them down to match this shirts I wear during the week. The only pair of sneakers that I bring are my workout sneakers for morning walks around the resort. I keep telling my BF that there are plenty of people who love flip flops and find them comfortable so lets's see if anyone else feels this way! :goodvibes

I wear flip flops all summer long - of course I wear them in Disney!! I think they are super comfy and keep my feet from getting too hot! I used to really love Old Navy flip flops, but did anyone notice that they changed how they used to be? Now they have a patterened sole and the straps are thinner and land in a different place. The old pairs I still own are comfortable but the newer ones rub my feet the wrong way and I end up with blisters :mad:

SO...I've migrated to Reef flip flops I just bought at Macy's and they are SO COZY! The straps are made of a soft material and the bottoms are so foamy, your feet practically sink into them. I had a gift card for Macy's, so paying $18 didn't bother me because it wasn't my money...but in other situations I might think it were crazy. Still a really great investment though! My feet are happy :lovestruc

I have wore only Rainbows for the past 3 or 4 years. My feet have never hurt and the only ride I had to remove them for is Soarin. I didn't want one of them to fly off and hit someone in the head below me. Lol...

I ususally need to change up my shoes during the day. I wear new balance sneakers and teva sandles. I have an old, old pair of black stretchmaterial over my feet with black rubber bottoms (don't know the name) that are soooo comfortable but, the stretchy material is pulling away from the sole and freying. I am going to try to take the old, old sandles to a shoe repair shop to get "fixed" so I can wear them to WDW in 11 days. I also love my adidas flip flops with the padding on the soles and I am going to bring them on my trip.

the last time i was in disney i wore flip flops for a week and a half with no other shoes...BIG mistake i will deffinatley be taking other shoes this year. when we got back to motel i had blister on the bottom of my feet we had to get a sewing needle and pop the water blisters on my feet it was painful ): so i learnt my lesson!

I used to really love Old Navy flip flops, but did anyone notice that they changed how they used to be? Now they have a patterened sole and the straps are thinner and land in a different place.

I haven't worn the new design to disney yet but I do wear them around all the time and so far they are fine (I have about 12 pairs!). I do have a really old pair from Old Navy that I bring every year to Disney (this is year 5 in a row) as a back up for the pool and water parks. My BF says that they are getting smaller and smaller every time he looks at them. :rolleyes1 I can't throw them out though because they are still comfortable!!

Love flip flops at Disney, my feet sweat to much in crocs for me to wear them all day at Disney, eventhough crocs are comfortable if you don't have to walk a lot...LOL My favorite flips are Teva Mush and Nike Celso....leaning more towards Nike Celso, I think they hug your feet a little lower which makes them flip and flop less!

My favorite flips are Teva Mush and Nike Celso....leaning more towards Nike Celso, I think they hug your feet a little lower which makes them flip and flop less!

I heard a lot about Nike from this thread so I will def. have to check them out before we leave!

DisneyPLove - HAVE FUN ON VACA! I wish I was leaving in 3 days too!:lovestruc

I have 3 pair of Columbia flip flops that I will rotate for the trip. The Columbia Nevis flip flop is my most favourite ever!

I have small feet and wear children sized shoes. Our trip in June was the first attempt at wearing flip flops. I went to a childrens shoe store and asked the salesperson for a comfortable flip flop to wear at Disney. They brought out girls Reef flip flops in pink. I said I really wanted black or tan. So they had black in boys sizes. I didn't care if they were boys shoes. I can wear a womens 4 and sometimes 5 if they run small. I got the boys size 2/3. They were so comfortable. I've been wearing them all summer and when we go back in 5 weeks will be wearing them again. I'm thinking of ordering the brown or tan ones online to have a 2nd pair with me.
So any of you ladies that have smaller feet, try on the girls or boys Reefs they are cheaper.

When visiting DWD in 2008, my feet were killing me. (It was early September and still unbelievably hot and humid.) It was day 4 or 5 and sneakers were too hot, the sandals I had brought gave no support to the soles of my feet...they were throbbing. In desperation one day, I gave my Old Navy flops [/B]a try and were SHOCKED at how great my feet felt. I had only brought them to wear around the pool, but they were so comfy and soothing, they became my footwear of choice for the rest of my visit. Now I'm a believer!

I love J. Crew flip flops, but this year I'm bringing Teva flip flops.

my list has grown this season

I have a pair of montrail molokinis that saved my life at disneyworld last trip. They heat mold to your feet when you get them. Its amazing. Plus they have a lip around the outside that surrounds your foot making it much more stable. I wore them constantly only changing into a pair of teva mush flip flops when I needed that soft cushiony feeling at the end of a hard day. They both supported my arch and neither gave me any blisters.

This year I am adding a pair of montrail panas and a pair of teva dozers to the mix. The panas work the same as the molokinis but have less shoe surrounding my foot. So far they see just as comfortable but until they have done the world there is no way to know. The dozers are open and will be my "sneaker" for the trip. Just in case anything else rubbs to much. They keep my toes safe and they let in plenty of breeze and dry quickly.

DH is taking his montrail molokis and a pair of reef with a bottle opener on the bottom. He refuses to wear any of the other sandals we have bought him. I am having him bring a pair of new balances just in case but I doubt the will see much use.

I loved my montrails and tevas so much that I told DBFF to buy some for herself before this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter