Flip Flops-Am I crazy?

I always wear my Nike flip flops they have like the cushion bottom, i love them and my feet never bother me!

Yep! I get a new pair of Nike Flip Flops for every Disney trip I take!!! :)

The only time I wear sneakers is if it's too cold at the parks for flip flops.

Asking everyone because I love my flip flops... are there any attractions/rides you cannot wear flip flops on?

I wore my Reefs for our trip in June.
13 hours the first day
9 the second
10 the third
6 the fourth day

No problems, and I was the only one not complaining about my feet hurting...everyone else had sneakers on, lol. I did bring them in my backpack "just in case," but never put them on.

not crazy at all!! I wear TEva Mush flip flops ALL the time. When I did wear my sneakers I got blisters....go figure :confused3

I wore my Croc Athens everyday of our 14 day trip last time. I didn't get one blister. My feet started to get sore around day 11, but I chalked it up to the fact that we had walked about 100 miles in the last week and a half. I'm thinking of getting some Teva flips for the next trip.

I wear Blue Fin flip flops ALL the time in the summer but I wanted something a little better for our upcoming trip so I purchased a pair of the Nike Celso flip flops. OMG...it's like walking on a cloud! I love them! I plan on wearing them for our entire trip.

Asking everyone because I love my flip flops... are there any attractions/rides you cannot wear flip flops on?

Yes, Soarin'.
But, it's no big deal. You just take them off and leave them on the floor in front of your chair. It's done all the time.
When you come back down, they are right where you left them! :)

Careful about the flip flops you buy. Certain Crocs for instance are HORRIBLE in Disney when it rains. You become a hockey puck on ice. YOU. WILL. FALL.

Yes, Soarin'.
But, it's no big deal. You just take them off and leave them on the floor in front of your chair. It's done all the time.
:thumbsup2 I do this all the time. And honestly, I LOVE being on Soarin' barefoot!

Oh how I wish I could wear flip flops or sandals of any kind! I say if they feel good, wear them. I am stuck wearing $200 sneakers with $60 inserts just to make it through the day. But, if that's what it takes, I'll do it, you know? I think you're on the right track and good luck to you!

I feel your pain!!! We were at WDW last Sept. right before I had surgery on both feet for Plantar fasciitis! Sneakers only for me then but I'm finally in flip flops again and bought a new pair for our trip in Nov. :woohoo:

I only wear Teva Mush flip flops to the park. Even traded my tennis shoes in December for my Tevas. No blisters and very comfortable.

I only do the flip flops. The best pair I ever had came from WalMart for about $5, lol. I wore them several trips to WDW until the bottoms became so smooth they were slippery when it rained so had to retire them. WalMart doesn't seem to sell that flip flop any more. :confused3 Now I have Nike flip flops & a pair of Disney Croc flip flops & some others that I bring. I just have to switch them out daily tho. I prefer any flip flop that is not smooth where the sole of the foot meets the shoe. I need some kinda texture (like crocs have) to keep the sole from rubbing on the base of the shoe.

I agree w/"Hardy". Fit Flops are the only thing I've worn the past few times. Bought my first Mickey pair in bronze and purchased the black on the next visit. So comfy.

Yes, Soarin'.

oh!! thank you!! thank you!!! I was so worried about this. I used to wear tennis shoes all the time and realized I get blisters by end of the day. I wore flip flops to MK last year and LOVED it!! I just didn't ride all the rides because it was a short trip. Now that I know I can wear them this next trip I'm soooo happy!!!

thanks for your reply.
:flower3:

I am a total flip flop person, and I have been wondering the same thing.

I've heard a lot about the Teva mush, and I plan to get some.

Be careful with the Tevas Mush and make sure you can find the old style. They've changed the Mush within the last year and the new style (Mush II) are not near as comfortable as the old original style.

Oh my! I just looked up fit flops. I could never justify that kind of money on flip flips. Ouch.

Buy one pair and you'll change your mind.:confused3 The Skecher Tone Ups are almost exactly like the Fit Flops, except the Tone Ups seem to have just a tad more space between the foot bed and the straps, so if your feet have a tendency to swell like mine do in the Florida heat and humidity the Tone Ups may be a slightely better option. I love both though. They are worth every penny. I bought two pairs of the Fit Flops on sale online a couple of years ago for about $25.00 each. One pair of the Skecher Tone ups I paid $49.00 for, but then found another pair two weeks later for $19.99 at Marshals of all places. So you can find them cheaper. I go to WDW several times a year (four times last year) and always carry at least one pair of the Tone Ups or Fit Flops. Some styles of the Skecher Tone Ups are not as comfortable as others. I prefer the Skecher Glam Punk Tone Ups with the softer straps. I had a pair with the sequins, but took them back after just a few hours of walking in them at home.

I have some Nike flip flops that I love and I plan to wear them except on rides such as Forbidden Journey in Universal. I don't want my flip flops flying off so I'll have my Teva sandals for those days.

I always just sit on my flip flops on Forbidden Journey. Take them off and hold them in your hand as soon as the CM places you in the groups of four before you get to the moving walkway. You'll have plenty of time to place them in the seat, sit, and pull the restraints down. At the end of the ride, grab the flip flops, and put them back on just before you go down the stairs.

I feel your pain!!! We were at WDW last Sept. right before I had surgery on both feet for Plantar fasciitis! Sneakers only for me then but I'm finally in flip flops again and bought a new pair for our trip in Nov. :woohoo:

Before I developed plantar fasciitis a couple of years ago I lived in Teva Mush, Nike Celso, Reefs, LL Bean, etc. I now require more arch support than those provide, so have spent a fortune trying to find the perfect flip flop. In order of preference I now wear: OluKai Ohana, Skecher Tone Ups, Orthoheels (Tide or Wave), Montrail Molokinis, or Fit Flops. I always choose three pairs among these to carry to WDW.

I recently bought a pair of Yellow Box Biology though which I'm loving and a few months ago bought a pair of Volatile Keralee. I've been wearing the Volatile Keralee alot this summer and truthfully they seem to be more comfortable than any of the others I've been wearing including my beloved OluKai Ohanas, plus they seem to be good on wet surfaces. Here they are:
http://www.shoemall.com/p/volatile-womens-keralee-animal-sandal/

For our May 10 trip I listened to everyone that said "Don't wear sandals to the park! Wear good quality tennis shoes!"

For three days I wore my tennis shoes. And then for the next four I had excruciating foot pain that stopped getting worse when I started wearing my Teva sandals that have ALWAYS been the best shoes for my feet.

For our April 2012 trip I will not wear anything but my Tevas. (They aren't the Mush flipflops, they are full sandals. But they are squishy and comfortable on my feet and have good arch support.)

I used to wear flip-flops for everything. I live in Florida and they have always been my standard shoe. That was until I got sick, gained weight, and now I need more support for my knee and arches. I miss my flip flops :sad1:

I did however find a pair of Payless fit-flops knock offs on clearance for about $10 bucks and I grabbed them up. They are more comfortable & supportive then I thought they would be. I think I am still going to need sneakers for walking WDW though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter