• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flights

MrsTigger

<font color=green>DLRP board....guaranteed to make
Hi,

I've been waiting for virgin flights to come out for 28th Sept to 14th Oct and yesterday the day finally arrived.... they were at £485 more than we had expected but still not too bad so we thought we would book in the next few days. I've just looked now and they have gone up to £528!! flights for the next day are a little lower but I'm just not sure what to do now. Are they likely to just keep going up? or is it because they have just been released?

We have the hotel booked with Disney uk- paid a deposit when the free dining offer was on so if I make any changes to the hotel booking am I likely to loose the free dining offer?

thanks

Hi the free dining offer is still on at the moment and I wouldn't say that it would be a problem.

You might be best waiting for a sale to cover your dates. VA normally have one at Xmas but not sure how far out that will cover.

I am still looking for flights for April/May and they haven't been in the sales yet. The current sale covers to 31 March so i am hoping a Xmas i will be able to book :goodvibes (And I am kinda hoping it doesn't cover October because I need flights for then too but don't really want to book both at once :scared1:)

I would hang on, I got mine in the Virgin sale at the end of Jan for Sept/Oct this year. I would also look at indirect flights too :thumbsup2

Can't say about Virgin but we booked flights for next October with BA last week when the return flight was first released and the price has already gone up by at least £100 per person!

prices fluctuate in line with demand, i booked ours for this december and a few days later they were reduced a condiderable amount, you could wait for sale to come but then all the flights may sell out before, it is impossible to tell.

We were waiting for VA flights to be released last May and they were £600+ and not much cheaper than VH. I waited (and sweated!) and looked every few days and began to wonder if we had messed up. Anyway, mid July I checked back and they were roughly £400 each, which I was happy with and so I booked straight away.

You've plenty of time to find flights at a suitable price or maybe another option to consider would be flying out a day earlier and staying at a cheap hotel rather than lose your free dining - depending on how flexible you can be with your holidays :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter