Flights- cancelling

Butterflygirl

Earning My Ears
I am looking to buy 2 return flights from manchester to orlando arriving 23rd december departing 29th december 2008. (Hoping to get them in the January sales???)

My problem is, when you book the flights you generally have to pay up front don't you? (Was thinking of booking through airlinenetwork or something) My husband and I will be undergoing fertility treatment at some point next year and may need to cancel the holiday in say October due to a possible pregnancy. If you have paid all the costs for your flights and you cancel do you just forfit a percentage of the total cost or do you get the whole lot refunded??

Also- which airport do I need to fly in to for the magical express.

Hope someone can help

If you are buying the cheapest economy seats, or the cheapest seats in any class for that matter, the tickets are non-refundable I believe.

Funnily enough we are in the throes of claiming a refund on D class UC seats to Sydney and home from Singapore in February. They are non-refunadable but because my husband has to have very major spinal surgery for two severely prolapsed discs, which came to light after we booked and paid back in April, after producing a surgeon's letter, VA are being helpful.

I am not sure they would do the same for fertility treatment, as it is not an illness as such and would be your choice. It would be worth checking all the details before you part with your cash.

The very best of luck with the treatment when it happens.

If you book a charter then you don't pay the full amount until about 8-10 weeks before- all charters fly into sanford
with virgin atlantic you have to pay up front, but if you book with virgin holidays you just pay the deposit-fly into MCO-orlando international
I am not sure about other scheduled airlines payment policy
who ever you decide to fly with have a look online at their own cancellation policy as they might differ from one to another, alot depends on how many days til you go etc
magical express leaves from MCO

You would have to fly Sheduled as charter flights don't go for 6 nights.
Just looked on Virgin for similar dates for this Xmas, around £575 for a economy flight but if you cancel you lose the money, to be able to cancel you would have to book a flexible economy ticket only problem is this puts the ticket up to £1,185, with these tickets you can cancel at anytime with full refund.
Your best option is probably wait until you are certain of going and buy then, might cost a little more but will be cheaper than a flexible ticket.

Thanks everyone, thats very helpful. Think I shall leave the flights till the last minute just incase!!!

We booked to go to Disney a few years ago and I got pregnant and would have been very close to the limit on flying back. We decided trugging around disney, 7 months pregnant with 2 kids wouldn't be the best and the Doctor was prepared to give us a medical note for the insurance. In the end it was cheaper to postpone the holiday than pay the excess on insurance, so we went when DD was 4 months old. We had a fabulous time and facilities were great for feeding, changing etc.

Good luck with the fertility treatment.

Denise

as you are going for 6 nights looks like you will have to go scheduled.unfortunatly you can only book 11 months out from return date for scheduled flights,so you will not get your dates in jan sales
For magical express you fly into orlando MCO and have to have a disney hotel booked
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter