Flight time changes?!?!?

tiawolfe

Earning My Ears
I just got and email that my Spirit Airlines flight time has been changed. :eek:It's not a huge crisis because we aren't traveling for several months, but it makes me nervous that they might change the time again.

Has anyone had this happen? Has anyone had their flight time changed and then changed AGAIN?

I just got and email that my Spirit Airlines flight time has been changed. :eek:It's not a huge crisis because we aren't traveling for several months, but it makes me nervous that they might change the time again.

Has anyone had this happen? Has anyone had their flight time changed and then changed AGAIN?

yes

Yes, it happens a fair amount of time. The earlier you buy the tickets, the more likely it will happen. It happened for our June trip. I purchased the tickets back in February. It worked in our favor because the non-stop flight down was rescheduled to 90 minutes earlier, so we got to spend more of our first day in Disney!

No

Delta changed my flight time twice between early May (when I booked) and now. The first time it was only 10 minutes, but then they changed it from a 5pm home flight to 11am. I called and thankfully they could switch us to another flight so we didn't lose half a day. The wait until the phones opened was no fun, though :sad2:

Most airlines do schedule adjustments fairly often. The only one that rarely does it is Southwest.

Incredibly helpful.

When you book more than a few months prior to travel, you pretty much can expect some kind of changes to be made. As noted already, SW seldom makes changes. But they are pretty much the only ones. I usually check on my flights every few weeks until I get to about 2 months out. Then, it's every week. When I get to a month out??? It's every day!!!

I've only flown Southwest for several years now and they've never changed my flight times except for weather.

I flew Spirit this past May and will be flying them again in early Sept. I got an email a few months out from my May trip telling me they had changed both my departing and return times. I lost almost 8 hours of my trip.:mad: Thankfully the times changed only that one time. The other day I got an email saying my time had changed for my Sept trip. Thankfully it was just by 20 minutes, so not a big deal, but I'm hoping they don't change again.

Before Air Tran pulled out of Dallas last Nov, I used to fly them down to Orlando several times a year. Those flights were always changing times, but thankfully the time change was never more than just a few minutes, so no big deal.

We flew American to Orlando this past Feb and not only did our flight times change a couple of times (by just a few minutes), but they also put my husband and I on a different flight. Not only did we lose our seats together, but they forgot to put our 3 y/o GS on the flight with us, leaving him on the orginal flight.:confused3 When we called, they acted like it was not a big deal and couldn't seem to understand why he couldn't fly out of Orlando an hour after us (until I finally got the phone agent to understand that he was three y/o, not an adult).:rolleyes1:sad2: At first her response was that she was going to switch one of us back to the original flight and move our grandson to the new flight, then we could just wait for the other person to land an hour after us. Uh, no, we booked the flights together and wanted to be on the same plane, hopefully with at least one of us sitting with our grandson.

We flew American to Orlando this past Feb and not only did our flight times change a couple of times (by just a few minutes), but they also put my husband and I on a different flight. Not only did we lose our seats together, but they forgot to put our 3 y/o GS on the flight with us, leaving him on the orginal flight.:confused3 When we called, they acted like it was not a big deal and couldn't seem to understand why he couldn't fly out of Orlando an hour after us (until I finally got the phone agent to understand that he was three y/o, not an adult).:rolleyes1:sad2: At first her response was that she was going to switch one of us back to the original flight and move our grandson to the new flight, then we could just wait for the other person to land an hour after us. Uh, no, we booked the flights together and wanted to be on the same plane, hopefully with at least one of us sitting with our grandson.

Wow, I'm glad you were able to get them straightened out, that's a little beyond ridiculous :headache:

Our original flight down, non stop, was for 10am which we were pretty happy about being able to leave the house at a reasonable hour. Then they started inching up the time to a point that now leaving at 7:15 am, well, it's nice to get to WDW early, but now we're leaving the house 4:30 in the morning!

I actually just had this happen with United. This was the first time I planned a trip more than two months out and my flight time has changed twice already for an October flight. I had also bought preferred seats which I do not think have transferred over for one of our flights. At this point, I feel like it might be too early for me to even call to check on it since it will probably change again.

Dawn

I've had friends Airtran flight times change so much It has become a joke with us. Traveling to WDW it's not a super big issue as she can use ME if she gets in way before/after us but flying to CA Yes it was an issue as only transport was my rental car. The 5-10 min thing I can do but I had her entire flight be cancelled and her flight rebooked for 5p the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter